Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hi. If you've watched HBO's "In Treatment" series, you've seen what I'm looking for: a lava wave machine. (At least, that's what I think it's called.) It's a clear cylinder (maybe 15" long) mounted horizontally an arched base. When you turn it on, the cylinder rocks like a see-saw, and the blue goo inside simulates ocean waves. There's a photo example at . Somebody said such a gizmo was once made by Lava Simplex, but I'm not sure. Can anybody help me locate one -- preferably without the dolphin and surfer figures that come in some of the newer models? Thanks.

Views: 731

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good luck I have been searching for these for year they are very hard to find. But they do show up on ebay time to time. Search through my pics and threads on here and you will see lots of info on them.
Thanks. I'll check it out.
Thanks. The pics are great -- and gave me some clues about web sites to check. Unfortunately, I kept seeing "discontinued." :-( If these things are so darned popular, why isn't anybody making them anymore? I see you're in Lexington. I'm in Frankfort. Would love to hear from you if you spot one of these gizmos and don't snap it up for yourself.
lol kick a** your in frankfort Ky. ? "Vixen Gypsy" on here is from northren Ky. up around Cinci. Join the wave machine group there is a lot of info in there about the waves.
Sounds like a great idea! I'm new to this site. I've spent 10 minutes looking for a way to join the wave machine group. Can you clue me in? Thanks.
Thanks! That's exactly what I'm looking for. If only I could find somebody who is making and/or selling them now! :-)
Be prepared i've seen the big one like above go for as much as 330 dollars on ebay!
Thanks for the info. My daughter REALLY wants one, so before I get into a bidding situation, I guess I'll have to decide just how much I'm willing to pay.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service