Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I have a machinist that if replicating base cones for Lunars as one of mine I obtained is severely damaged

(long story)

Is anyone interested?

Looks like the price is going to be @ $425 USD  + shipping

I'm checking to see if that includes mirror finish polishing

The more orders I can assemble the better the price

If budget allows, I have a company that will triple chrome plate all 6 parts so you never have to worry about oxidation again.

Views: 324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thats not where the damage is located

But a nice idea.

I have plans drawn up for a 6ft custom color-change rocket lamp (10 gallons+) with 5 attached rocket boosters to support it on the floor, made of multi-colored clear glitter sized Lunars (or Grandes), but it will take time, a lot of $,  and a proficient CNC operator / designer

One mental / financial disaster at a time!

If I had a dollar for every "kickass awesome lunar idea" ... Well...at least I had the cash now to have a carbon fibre lunar made ;)
whats your point? if it had much thicker walls you could drop it from a table without the base getting dented like the one on your pic. maybe you got me wrong due to my english using german grammar...;)

Claude J said:
Thats not where the damage is located

I AM using thicker walls with the machining being done so a mistake like that never happens to me

And since 2 of the initial four people are not interested, I

l probably make two new ones for myself and sell the old one.

Especially since I'm using 200% bottles

What are you asking for the old one? I might be interested? whats 200% bottlez?

I assume your talking about the good one -not the damaged old one in the photos at start of this post/string?

The good one has been chrome plated (still at Plating company)

Probably $300 + Ship if I'm to sell it or Possible trade

200%??

(im surprised you have not seen this posting)

http://oozinggoo.ning.com/forum/topics/mathmos-lunar-xxl-bottle-for...

actually I was thinking about the damaged one so I can start to try replicating it without actually spending a small fortune on a lunar at this time.
I have seen the xxl bottles a while ago but to be honest I like the lunar as it is...although I'm glad Marcel had them made as I was wondering how it would look for quite some time.
Oh that's different. I saw your photos and the kick-ass jet made out of stainless steel.
I hadn't thought about it cause it's still in the hands of the machinist.
I suppose @ $75/$100? Or trade ?

Great work on all the rest of your lamps. I'm impressed.
I like painting but until the time comes when I will replace the now discarded paint booth I had. I've been sending them to the auto body shop.
I can only get that hi-quality finish if I buy 2K rattle cans from a place called Eastwood here in the states.
They sell one-time-use 2-part auto paint with harder you mix by opening a can within the can.

Highly durable with a nice clearcoat, they glisten
hmm although the price might be ok nowadays imo its a bit much for what it is and I dont have much to trade away and also they're all "de valued" by painting except 2 or 3. I think I'm gonna wait for a bargain lunar...got one for 80€ once, some day I'll find another cheap one :) I'm also using the 2 part varnish some times. its great but since you have 5 days max to use the whole can I'm using several layers of 1part varnish mostly.
I didnt make the jet myself...I wish :) A co worker had it made by his roomate who worked for a tool manufacturer...it cost me 40€ and its my favourite lamp ever :) I wish I still had the silver glitterball bottle for it but I needed some cash amd sold it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2019   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service