Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hi, can onyone help me get a nice clear Lunar bottle? Or, anyone in the UK that would help by ordering and forwarding one to the states? Any help is most apprciateted. Mathmos is of no help to me on this end so in advance, thank you!

Views: 359

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I sense you are the mystery winner of the Lunar that was recently listed on US eBay.

Hmmm, are your Lava senses tingling?

Indeed they are.  Wondering when the seller is going to dangle his other dozen or so Lunars.  Keep working the board Eron - I suspect someone in the UK will step up and volunteer to be the middle man to get this from Mathmos to you.

Eron Rozmos said:

Thanks for the encouraging words, I really hope so. The Lunar is very nice, some minor scratches and a tad cloudy but worth it all in all.

Anyone ever replace Mathmos liquid (water) with any success?

i would consider shipping one for you, for a small fee towards my lamp collection. They do have 2 colourways to choose from at the moment or you could consider contacting them to get a custom colour or ask them for replacement master fluid but you may have to ask lots of timestill you get the right person at mathmos i have read here.

In the last 2 years or so i have seen mathmos master fluid come up on ebay twice, unused in a 5 litre plastic bottle and was listed as from mathmos and for a lunar so they have sold it on some occasions in the past.

Cant hurt to try and replace your fluid with a diy fluid if its gone cloudy and if it does not work goo kit it or sell the bottle on as its probably quite desireable in the usa for anyone wanting to goo kit on.

BUT how would you pack one safely for international shipping? with such a heavy bottle and long neck it looks fragile. And how do mathmos pack them? I could only ship if i felt confident i could pack it well as glass or liquids cannot be insured.

Thank you for the reply. I would consider a DIY fluid if someone knew exactly what works? I wouldn't want to guess.

Also wondering if anyone has swapped out liquid from a Lavagrand into a Mathmos keeping the Mathmos wax.

Also, what is a goo kit?

Any additional info would be great!

There is no known recipie for mathmos fluid or wax, there is information on whats in the lamps but not enough to make one, you might have to spend years experimenting to perfect it.

Goo kits are a replacement wax from a us company called magma towers, theres a lot of info on here about them and complete and detailed instructions on here of how to refill your lamp. You also make your own colour so its totally custom. Theres lots of pictures of goo kitted lamps in the gallery and in threads here and they all look fantastic.

They have a website, and sell the kits on ebay.

Swapping fluids from another lamp most likely wont work especially another brand lamp, i have read swapping fluids from mathmos to mathmos does not always work as different batches can vary.

Dozen or so, Thats a lot of lunars. Does there happen to be a picture of them all together.

Jim said:

Indeed they are.  Wondering when the seller is going to dangle his other dozen or so Lunars.  Keep working the board Eron - I suspect someone in the UK will step up and volunteer to be the middle man to get this from Mathmos to you.

Eron Rozmos said:

If it's  the red Lunar that was on ebay us, it looks to me the liquid was not cloudy at all.

There is maybe a yellow hint in the liquid, but the bottle looks good.

You can filter it to get it a little more clear (but it looks clear already) but it won't remove the yellow hint.

You can leave the bottle under the sun, that may remove the yellow hint.

Or you could add some food coloring to dye the masterfluid so it will appear more vivid!

But in anyway, don't remove the Mathmos wax/liquid to replace it with inferior products, like lavalite or gookit, you'll be sorry...

Hi Eron,

I may have a green wax Lunar bottle for sale.

I have regularly shipped Lunars and bottles from UK to USA safely - the containers I use can safely hold two Lunar bottles.

PM if you are interested,

Simon

Hi, would you have a picture?

Thank you!

Agreed!!

Astralav said:

If it's  the red Lunar that was on ebay us, it looks to me the liquid was not cloudy at all.

There is maybe a yellow hint in the liquid, but the bottle looks good.

You can filter it to get it a little more clear (but it looks clear already) but it won't remove the yellow hint.

You can leave the bottle under the sun, that may remove the yellow hint.

Or you could add some food coloring to dye the masterfluid so it will appear more vivid!

But in anyway, don't remove the Mathmos wax/liquid to replace it with inferior products, like lavalite or gookit, you'll be sorry...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service