Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

A friend and i wants to try out making our own wax. However, the old guides we found here on oozinggoo, suggests that you use candlewax mixed with perc. 

The thing is, danish environment advice almost suggests that just mentioning perc is fatal.. In other words they describe it being so toxic that im not sure neither of us are feeling safe using it. Thats one problem with it, the other is that it seems almost impossible to get a hold off here and it seems that buying from other countries isnt an option either, as most of them wont or cant ship such stuff to Denmark. 

Question is then if theres any other solid recipes for doing this out there? The recipe we found was as mentioned from the old oozinggoo forum (more specifically this one: http://www.oozinggoo.com/ll-form5.html), but since this is quite old info, i thought that maybe some of you guys have come up with improved recipes to work with?

Views: 764

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is the original (and ost desirable) formula used years ago.

New lamps utilize something else, (a sort of mineral oil i guess)

Yes and its a real shame that perc is so hard to get a hold on here in Denmark. It makes it quite impossible to make your own wax. 

Claude J said:

That is the original (and ost desirable) formula used years ago.

New lamps utilize something else, (a sort of mineral oil i guess)

WE NEED LAVA GENIUSES TO CRACK THE 90'S FORMULA!!!!

Perc can be found in a can of Brakecleen.

Maybe you can locate that brand at your local auto parts store?,

Perhaps it is another brand name there?

Other option is to approach a dry cleaner as it is their main ingredient  for cleaning

All it takes is money..

Pretty much anything can be broken down into % of mineral components by the right lab

I tired experimenting with soy waxes but all I got was a lot of material for candles and soaps now

Keith said:

WE NEED LAVA GENIUSES TO CRACK THE 90'S FORMULA!!!!

Most brake cleaning products in denmark is flammable, and do not contain perc =/ I tried ordering some brakleen from CRC, but they won't allow export of the product to Denmark.

talk with a dry cleaner

I have tried CRC Bräkleen. It does not work so don´t be sorry for not being able to buy it in Denmark. I live in Sweden and it´s just as hard to get Perc here. I got some Tetrakloretyl from the lab at my work and I made fully working goo with it. A Little less than 1/3 and 2/3 wax. (Stearin). I am going to get 1/2 liter Perc from a dry- cleaner when he is changing it next time.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service