Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Anyone have any information on this lamp?  Is it a one off that someone made, or part of a series?

Any info, date made, quantity, and value would be appreciated.

Views: 836

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is part of a series of Chinese made Lava Lite 52oz lamps licensed by Vandor. Others included Rolling Stones, Elvis, and Betty Boop. I believe they were from the mid-2000s. Some did better in sales than others. I wouldn't put this lamp (in good working condtion) above $45.

Image result for vandor lava lamps Image result for vandor lava lamps Image result for vandor lava lamps

Rarest and hard to find are the Two Betty Boop Vandor Series as well as "The Doors".

I found one on eBay after looking for 4+ years,, but it needed serious work.

Here is the other Betty Boop

It arrived leaking and in need of a redo

Here is the Rolling Stones

(Again, it needed to be re-goo'd)

And here is Jimi Hendrix

The Doors

the rarest and hard to find in good shape

(this one isn't mine)

Very nice.  Thank you for the info.  The Marilyn lamp is on Facebook marketplace for $25.  

That's a good deal

I paid $80 with shipping for mine.

Make sure it has all its Bedazelled jewels, they fall off easily.

I had to buy a large assortment package in order to get the 2 that were missing from my Betty Boop

Didn't Jim Morrison reckon that when the music was over we should "turn out the light"?

Ah well.... it was only rock and roll...

Nice refurbs, as always, Claude!

Claude J said:

Rarest and hard to find are the Two Betty Boop Vandor Series as well as "The Doors".

I found one on eBay after looking for 4+ years,, but it needed serious work.

Here is the other Betty Boop

It arrived leaking and in need of a redo

Here is the Rolling Stones

(Again, it needed to be re-goo'd)

And here is Jimi Hendrix

The Doors

the rarest and hard to find in good shape

(this one isn't mine)

thanks

I recently got the Stones lamp (brand new) and paid just over $100 including shipping from a third party seller on Amazon. I was determined to own it, even though they all seemed pretty cloudy. Of course it arrived cloudy, had a few cracks around the cap, and the bottle seems a bit cloudy but it could just be dirty.  Anyway, I messaged the seller and got a full refund and also got to keep the lamp! I guess they thought it was useless to return it... So one day it will be a project.

It's difficult to find the Rolling Stones as well.
I've only seen 1 other for sale
Mine arrived cloudy as well and I gratefully accepted a partial refund form the $150 I paid.
The cap is a standard 52oz so you should be ok.

The only Vandoor deal I ever got was the Elvis lamp,
It was being sold on craigslist by a retired gal in Arizona that got it directly from the Elvis Museum in Las Vegas before it closed. I only paid $45 with shipping.,

The highest price was the DOORs @ $175 (and that was a deal)

I believe VANDOR is also responsible for licensing the Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, Both Kiss, Both Harley lamps and the 3 coca colas.

WOW! People still do Facebook? 

I misspelled Facebook...Face-crook . I apologize fellow OG members.

The Lamp Caretaker said:

I misspelled Facebook...Face-crook . I apologize fellow OG members.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service