Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hi,

I've always wanted to do a custom bullet lamp (I was planning to use a real big shell), but today I saw this on another lavalamp website I discovered today (but many here knows it) :

This lamp is the property of a certain Bohdan (I saw this name on some answers here but it seems all of his messages and pictures had been deleted, I guess there was a problem with him).

Anyway...

Is this a custom lamp, or is it a genuine Mathmos?

Thanks.

Views: 2325

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Genuine.

Really?

I never saw it mentioned anywhere.

Anymore infos?

(limited, how many where made, which years?)

Looks homemade with lunar parts.

Ditto!

Simon Lloyd said:

Genuine.

From a trusted source:

Genuine Mathmos Prototype

Pre-Lunar production of 5

Notice the cone design - has no bullet tip and is continuous

wahoo! only 5 made? Thanks for the info!

Must be one of the rarest mathmos lamp!

when were they produced?

That's as much info as I know.

I'm guessing in the 90's pre Lunar production.

For the record, Bohdan left on his own accord and deleted his pictures when he left the site. He was not asked to leave, he specifically used the "leave" feature of this forum and when you do so, there's an option to wipe your content, which he chose to do. 

He is very much missed by many members here, but please note, HE left, he was not asked to leave. 

What Erin said.  Lava lamps come and go and I won't look up to someone on the quality of their collection.  I judge people on how they treat others and Bohdan was far from decent to many of us.

When members beg and plead to the moderation team to allow us to have civil discourse with our guests from Lava Lite, but the moderation team keeps slinging mud and derailing threads?  That shows an absolute disrespect for his fellow members on this site.  Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

The bullet is one kick ass lamp!

Erin said:

For the record, Bohdan left on his own accord and deleted his pictures when he left the site. He was not asked to leave, he specifically used the "leave" feature of this forum and when you do so, there's an option to wipe your content, which he chose to do. 

He is very much missed by many members here, but please note, HE left, he was not asked to leave. 

Simon, I look forward to seeing it in your collection...let me know if your not interested.

J.

Simon Lloyd said:

[On behalf of a friend]

Wishes can come true ...

... I believe that one is For Sale

More info to come ;o)

Bohdan is the owner of this lamp. He was the greatest and probably most knowledgable member Oozing Goo has ever had!

I think he also owns the most lamps as well.

Yes, Grant got it for freaking 700$...could kick myself as well...Bohdan once gave me all the exact measurements, and a drawing and pics from inside and all....if anyone wants to reproduce it let me know, I might find all those infos on another HDD...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service