Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Mathmos Clear / Blue one day special, anyone else having problems with flow?

Is anyone having issues with these, I’ve been away for a while so I have only recently started  using mine, first of all none of the tops were screwed on tightly and no glue was used.

Despite several uses they just don’t flow very well at all, most wax sits at the bottom of the bottle and every so often a small balls of wax will break away.

I have tried several bases & bulbs and room temp isn’t an issue as I have several Astro lamps using the same 30W bulb as the Astrobaby and they flow without issue.

Views: 382

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep, exactly the same as my Clear/Green

Oh no here we go again, I’m sorry too hear that, did they at least glue and tighten your cap?

Looks like I’ll be seeking replacements tomorrow, that’s all ever seem to do these days!! 
I hope you manage to resolve your issue with Mathmos & thanks for the replay. 

Paul said:

Yep, exactly the same as my Clear/Green

Exactly what I thought :-D. I'm tired of constantly having to contact them about faulty bottles. I feel for the guys in the US that spend so much money to import them just to end up with a collection of faulty bottles. Plus, the people who are new to "premium" lava lamps who might think this is normal. I don’t know how they are managing to get it so wrong recently but I think I'm done, too much of a hassle/gamble. 

They have sent me a return label noting the bottle looks to overheat, it’s not that, it’s just bad formula. 

My clear/blue is not too bad, the clear/green in a GU10 Telstar base is a mess but interestingly in one of the old incandescent bases it’s not too bad. I guess the heat from the GU10 bulb is too direct in the centre. 

Sorry for the rant :)

I just received mine and it has the same exact issue. I had my exported to the US so I figured there would be no way of getting it back unless I ship it back and pay even more. Is there any in home remedies for it? 

I have to run them with 35W bulbs. I have both the blue and green and they have the same problem.

kevin pedro said:

I just received mine and it has the same exact issue. I had my exported to the US so I figured there would be no way of getting it back unless I ship it back and pay even more. Is there any in home remedies for it? 

Didn't buy one but the bottles we've purchased in the last couple of years have had problems. When bottles or products are faulty, it becomes embarrassing to have to constantly report issues, so we've stopped buying them now. 

Quite a few reports of this issue in other places too it seems. Amazing how they can’t make their own product after all these years. 

I've been to the factory a couple of times, it’s quite an armature operation so sadly not too surprising but it’s just getting worse. This plus sticky wax.  

I wonder if they lost their chemist and had to bring in someone new who lacks experience to validate batches are good. Something is definitely up.

I was thinking the same, used to be a guy called Mick I believe who made all the bottles, maybe he left and took all the knowledge with him :-D. I don’t think they validate much to be honest given the chrome iO and smart Astro in particular that got pulled from sale really fast as it just didn’t work. Maybe that’s why we never see any interesting innovation now, its almost like they don’t even trust themselves.

Autumn said:

I wonder if they lost their chemist and had to bring in someone new who lacks experience to validate batches are good. Something is definitely up.

looks like they made the wax too dense or something 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service