Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Just an appeal for information to anyone who currently runs a Fluidium - what type of bulb are you using? I need a bulb for mine, but the half-chromed SES 'Golf ball' type bulbs it shipped with no longer seem to be available, and Mathmos will only sell halogen spotlight type bulbs, I tried fitting one of these, but found the bulb sits slightly lop-sided so that it is very close to the 'fins' around the aperture, and I don't want to risk frying the base.

Any help/ advice muchos appeciated!

Views: 295

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cough *bump* cough...

ebay 182847765807

Thanks for the link, unfortunately I don't think those type of bulbs are suitable for my model - one of the later variants which wasn't issued with a glass heat shield. The bulb it shipped with was like a standard 'Golf ball' but with the lower half of the bulb chromed so the heat was directed upwards, apparently using the standard type can cause heat damage to the base.

Reply to Discussion



Mark Goo created this Ning Network.

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2021   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service