Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hey guys so I just recently purchased this lamp and noticed the coil was off center? Is there anyway I can center it? 

Thanks!

Views: 772

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm wondering if the coil came apart.  It looks too long instead of curving normally.  It's hard to tell from the picture though.

Ill provide better pictures

What do you mean?

Keith said:

I'm wondering if the coil came apart.  It looks too long instead of curving normally.  It's hard to tell from the picture though.

I provided a few more photos. It looks like it's attached but its sideways? I tried to use a magnet but it didn't seem to work. I also think the magnets were strong enough though

Keith said:

I have a globe that the coil came apart in.  I had to heat the wax and take the coil out, then pressed the ends back together.  The globe worked fine after that.

The pictures you posted aren't showing up for me.  The link gives a forbidden error.

kevin pedro said:

What do you mean?

Keith said:

Oh wow I didn't notice. Here they are ---

Keith said:

I have a globe that the coil came apart in.  I had to heat the wax and take the coil out, then pressed the ends back together.  The globe worked fine after that.

The pictures you posted aren't showing up for me.  The link gives a forbidden error.

kevin pedro said:

What do you mean?

Keith said:

kevin pedro said:

Keith said:

kevin pedro said:

What do you mean?

Keith said:

kevin pedro said:

kevin pedro said:

Keith said:

kevin pedro said:

What do you mean?

Keith said:

Are these photos any better? Will I still have to do that?

Yes these are better.  From those it looks like the coil is okay.  I've never had a coil stay suspended in the wax like that, they've always sank down when the wax melted.  I've never had a Fluidium either though.  Could be because of the narrowness of the globe.  I don't have any good suggestions for you.  The only thing I can think of is if it continues you might have to open the globe and physically push the coil back into place.

kevin pedro said:

Are these photos any better? Will I still have to do that?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service