Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

What am I doing wrong? I am trying to get a globe into my lamp. The green liquid globe came with my Mathmos coach. The picture in the auction shows it in the lamp.

Why can't I get it in the lamp? It won't fit when I try it. These metal posts don't have enough bend to be able to fit and are too short to accomodate the globe.

The other globe fits, but it has problems. It doesn't run well and it is cloudy. I want to use the green liquid globe.

The green globe is a little bit bigger. It has an extra metal piece on top. I don't know what that is for. It seems like it is what is making the globe not fit. I don't know.

What am I doing wrong? What am I missing?

SCOTT13A

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the metal top bit you can remove it, or the side stays are threaded in the base section you can turn the anti clockwise and it give a few more mm,  have you taken the top cap of the lantern then place the bottle on the base, then replace the top lantern part

Ive tried putting it in with the lid attached and bent - the fourth picture. I also tried loosening the posts to gain a little heigth but it still wouldn't fit. I put the cap on top and then tried to screw in the posts, but I couldn't get the screw holes lined up.

I pulled lightly on the metal cap on the globe because I don't want to break it. I just tried again and couldn't get it off.

You might have better luck getting the extra metal bit off the green globe by light taps from underneath with a butter knife or wood chopstick or similar.  Often percussive force will loosen items much better than straight continuous force (like just pulling).  Similar principle to tapping the lid on a jar with a knife to loosen it before trying to open the jar.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service