Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Help! I'm dying to get a Mathmos Heritage Astro lava lamp for the 50th anniversary of the lava lamp, but I can't seem to find it anywhere that will ship to the United States! The Mathmos US website does not have it, and the UK website will not ship to the US. I have also found a website called "minimalhome" that has it, but also will not ship to the US :( Any suggestions or places to buy?

Thanks Lava Lampees,

Christine

Views: 922

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Find a buddy here who lives in the UK and will ship you one. They won't get the same shipping rates electric planet used to give us though... I sure do miss $40 3 day shipping.

Ahh, sounds like a good time to give my cousins a call! Q-do you think the fluid will get cloudy from the overseas shipping? This is also a concern of mine for another lamp I would like to buy..

Autumn said:

Find a buddy here who lives in the UK and will ship you one. They won't get the same shipping rates electric planet used to give us though... I sure do miss $40 3 day shipping.

I have had 3 of my 10 globes show up cloudy, but they cleared up with general use. I wouldn't worry about it. Mathmos lamps are a lot higher quality and stand up to clouding better. The only bad thing is the really cloudy ones sometimes don't clear.

Christine said:

Ahh, sounds like a good time to give my cousins a call! Q-do you think the fluid will get cloudy from the overseas shipping? This is also a concern of mine for another lamp I would like to buy..

Autumn said:

I've never yet gotten a cloudy Mathmos lamp from overseas. And another good thing is the weather is cooling down.

Christine said:

Autumn said:

All 3 of my cloudy ones showed up like this, but they all cleared up in time as well. I bought a new smart astro that was just like this, but it cleared up as well.

Metallica Fluidium man Trevor said:

I've never yet gotten a cloudy Mathmos lamp from overseas. And another good thing is the weather is cooling down.

Christine said:

Autumn said:

The laws have now changed in the UK regarding posting liquids overseas. Any package suspected to be liquid of any sort are opened - If it is 50ml or less it is sent on it's way - if it is over 50ml it is returned to the sender. 

Wait, when was this law enacted? I have a baby astro on the way for about 9 days now, how long can I expect to wait?

Since April I think. 

Thanks for all of your helpful replies! and yes that is a ridiculous law, honestly. Also, does this rapid clearing apply to old crestworth lamps as well (like the astro lantern) ?

Are you guys sure this law is true? I contacted the ebay seller and she said she hasnt heard of it, and that the lady at the post office wouldve told her about it if it wont make it. She also said she shipped a lamp to the US in July, when i told her the law passed in April. She said there is a law for anything over 1 liter, but the lamp she shipped is rated under a liter so it should be good according to that. I guess I will have to wait and see, either i get a lamp or a refund, hopefully a lamp though.

Yeah, I have a feeling it won't be a problem...how much fluid is actually in a general sized lava lamp anyways?

The law is for real although I don't know how strict they are about it. There are posters up about liquids and other prohibited items in all post offices. I send parcels abroad quite frequently (not lamps) and the past several times I have posted something I have been asked at the post office if it contains liquids. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why mathmos aren't shipping their lamps abroad?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service