Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

what the hell is going on with this? Has anyone heard any news on when they are suppose to start selling to the states? This is becoming the equivalent of lava lite promising to fix their cheap lamps, its just never going to happen. (in our lifetime anyway....)

oh and I have what it takes to buy. ;-P

Views: 1678

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe they just have to keep quite about it until it's 100% or near launch date? I'm sure there are reasons why they dont answer. It would be cool if one of our UK buddies here would ask them about it for us, but no one has :( lol But I agree with you, the anticipation of this happening is really getting old. Just sell us your lamps already lol!

Got another response from Mathmos, but man, it's so hard to get answers from them! This is from Ben, but there were two Bens, so I'm not sure which one this is. I think it's Ben Rutter - he's in the UK. There's a US Mathmos guy, but I have yet to hear from him.
So, I'm guessing May isn't going to happen either. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Thanks for you email and your interest in Mathmos products. We do indeed hope to be selling our lamps in the US this year, unfortunately it is turning out to be a lengthy process as we need to ensure our components have the correct certification for the US market. We have tested our lamp with US spec components in our factory and the results are positive. We hope that over the coming months lamps will soon be available in the US market.

In regards to the manufacturing of the lamps I can confirm that they are still made by hand in the UK. The manufacturing process has not changed, nor has the unique Mathmos formula. We take customer feedback very seriously and investigate all issues raised from our customers. Unfortunately on rare occasions some customers may experience faulty products, if this is the case we always aim to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

We constantly review customer feedback and a copy of you email will be sent to the company Director.

I hope the above answers your questions, however if you do have more questions please contact me directly.

Regards,
Ben
Mathmos UK

I notice that a lot, too. Customer service is SEVERELY lacking in a lot of businesses these days. Every now and again, you see it shine through and you get bowled over by it, but what's funny is that good customer service should be the norm, not a rare treat you experience every 6 mos. at random. 

what a load of crap ;p;

On the flipside, I did fill out the contact us form on Lava Lite's website this morning and have already gotten a response.  I am trying to verify the origin of my new (to me) older wave machine and they are assisting.  :-)

The country of origin is China. 

Oh wait...

Jim said:

On the flipside, I did fill out the contact us form on Lava Lite's website this morning and have already gotten a response.  I am trying to verify the origin of my new (to me) older wave machine and they are assisting.  :-)

Sheesh - is this a George, Astro or Bohdan alias?  ;-)

Erin said:

The country of origin is China. 

Oh wait...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service