Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hi Folk,  Its been a long while since I was custodian of a Mathmos Lunar.   I have just saved one from certain death & it is in very poor condition.  One issue I have is the original cable which runs from the dimmer switch to the base / lamp holder section is missing - as is the E27 Lamp holder.  Could a fellow Goohead let me have a measurement in inches or cm for the cable length running between the dimmer switch & lamp holder.....is it the same length as the cable running from the mains plug to the dimmer switch ?

Views: 652

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great to see you back on here Pete, can't help as I've still to find me a Lunar!

the cable length running between the dimmer switch & lamp holder  =  35 inches

the cable running from the mains plug to the dimmer switch = 54 inches

Rusty Rocket ? Hee hee !!!

Cool.......thanks MileHigh......both measurements are a great help !

MileHigh said:

the cable length running between the dimmer switch & lamp holder  =  35 inches

the cable running from the mains plug to the dimmer switch = 54 inches

Cheers Pete.......Wot......still no Lunar!......I can't believe that Buddy.....

Aladdin 2 Lava said:

Great to see you back on here Pete, can't help as I've still to find me a Lunar!

If only Pete.......This one's been through a mangle & under a steam roller...lol!.......cone has been reshaped quite well by someone actually but I'm not liking its hammered finish.  Lamp house has had equal treatment but the main issue here is the lip diameter has been stretched outwards by 3 - 4 mm in diameter in getting it round again. When you sit the bottle in the base there's a notable gap.   Got my thinking cap on with how best to correct this.    Nose cone is gonna get isopon 38 & sandpaper treatment before being sprayed with chrome paint me thinks !!

Aladdin 2 Lava said:

Its in good hands now...  I know what a perfectionist you are! Don't know how you will fix the diameter though.

Good luck with it Pete and keep us posted.

Pete said:

If only Pete.......This one's been through a mangle & under a steam roller...lol!.......cone has been reshaped quite well by someone actually but I'm not liking its hammered finish.  Lamp house has had equal treatment but the main issue here is the lip diameter has been stretched outwards by 3 - 4 mm in diameter in getting it round again. When you sit the bottle in the base there's a notable gap.   Got my thinking cap on with how best to correct this.    Nose cone is gonna get isopon 38 & sandpaper treatment before being sprayed with chrome paint me thinks !!

Aladdin 2 Lava said:

Still no Lunar  :( ... got close to snagging one a couple of times!

Pete said:

Cheers Pete.......Wot......still no Lunar!......I can't believe that Buddy.....

Aladdin 2 Lava said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service