Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

GOOLAMP XXL Bottle suitable for Mathmos Lunar Lava lamp

New bottles are made and ready for shipping.

Empty Bottle:
XL:
287,41 USD for example the USA (+ Customs/Tax) + Shipping
259,74 GBP for UK (incl. Tax) + Shipping
289,99 Euro for Germany and Europe (incl. Tax) + Shipping

XXL:
297,31 USD for example the USA (+ Customs/Tax) + Shipping
268,70 GBP for UK (incl. Tax) + Shipping
299,99 Euro for Germany and Europe (incl. Tax) + Shipping

Shipping examples:
USA: ~70,00 USD
UK: 18.80 GBP
Germany: 6,99 Euro

Glitter Filling Kits:
You can even buy the bottle ready with a GlitterKit.
XL:
138,74USD for example the USA (+ Customs/Tax) + Shipping  
125,39 GBP for UK (incl. Tax) + Shipping
139,99 Euro for Germany and Europe (incl. Tax) + Shipping

XXL:
178,38USD for example the USA (+ Customs/Tax) + Shipping
161,21GBP for UK (incl. Tax) + Shipping
179,99 Euro for Germany and Europe (incl. Tax) + Shipping

You can order the bottles in my new onlineshop, or via PM here in OozingGoo.
http://www.goolamp.com

Views: 8416

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The shipping costs i can calculate this week :)

The carton is very safe and i think it will recieve in one piece :)

A photo i can take today or maybe tomorrow.

What i can say is that it is professional, watersafe and airsafe.

Ok, here the photo of the closing system. You can screw off the cap on the top to put more water in or color or let out air.

The price for shipping i will post in the next days.

Sure i can do that. Can you send me your adress via PM?

At this time 4 bottles left for sale. After they are sold i dont know if they will be available again.

James Reiche said:

Hi Marcel,

I am still interested in buying one or two of your giant Lunar tubes if they are still available.
Can you please provide me with an estimate of the "total" cost involved to purchase one and have it shipped safely to the USA?
Thanks a lot!

Ok here the calculation for all other:

Lunartube with closing system 335 $

Lunartube with closing system incl. heating coil 355 $

Shipping costs to USA with DHL 65 $

Hi,

Just came across this post a little late (a year).  Any chance one of the bottles might be available?  

If not them how about a few us can get together and have a few made?  Who might be interested?

I know of a few glass blowers that might be able to work in Pyrex.  Is there another material that might work?  I know Pyrex is a name brand.

J.

The Glasblower can use any kind of Borosilicatglass i think. But he must know that himself ;)

You need to find some other people who want one... my glass blower only do at least 5 bottles.

What size bottles are you looking for?

FYI, Pyrex is a brand of borosilicate glass, which is the type of glass we need. Simax is another, and there are companies in China that make unbranded borosilicate glass. They usually have huge minimum orders though.

Hi, thanks for your note.  To answer you question, I would like large bottles so I can build a macro work of art.  Seems like the large lamps are hard to come by economically (Colossus, Imperial, Rockets, etc)  The large Mathmos and Magmas are big bucks and provide "services" taylored corporate lobbys and take the fun for a hobbyist.

The 10 liter (I think) bottles that fit into the Lunars are cool and have lots of vertical goo action.  Other bottles that fit into existing lamp bases are a great idea...saves a little time.  I have built a base for a colossus out of a couple of buckets some wires and a pot.

Any off the shelf large borosilicate globes out there?

Lukeonia1 said:

What size bottles are you looking for?

FYI, Pyrex is a brand of borosilicate glass, which is the type of glass we need. Simax is another, and there are companies in China that make unbranded borosilicate glass. They usually have huge minimum orders though.

I've been looking and I haven't found any. I guess there just isn't a big enough market for huge borosilicate glass containers like that for anyone to stock them.

My thought for my Big Project was to order a length of borosilicate tube, have it cut to length, and then find someone to weld a bottom onto one end... or do it myself if I'm feeling REALLY adventurous.

I need a tube about 140mm in diameter, and I'd use half of a 1500mm length. I can get a (precut) length of glass tubing for about $100, but I've been hesitant to order one because I'm not sure I could find someone who'd give me $50 for the other half. I also have no idea where I might take it to get the bottom end closed off either.

Jethro said:

I dont think that you can close the bottom yourself. My Glassblower told me that it is not easy... and you need an oven to temper the glass tube after you weld the bottom on the tube ;) He told me that he have to temper the tube 24 hours in the oven.

I'd be willing to share in the expense.  Perhaps it would be more economical to make a batch of five.  I'd take two or three.

I'll check with a glass blower freind

Lukeonia1 said:

I've been looking and I haven't found any. I guess there just isn't a big enough market for huge borosilicate glass containers like that for anyone to stock them.

My thought for my Big Project was to order a length of borosilicate tube, have it cut to length, and then find someone to weld a bottom onto one end... or do it myself if I'm feeling REALLY adventurous.

I need a tube about 140mm in diameter, and I'd use half of a 1500mm length. I can get a (precut) length of glass tubing for about $100, but I've been hesitant to order one because I'm not sure I could find someone who'd give me $50 for the other half. I also have no idea where I might take it to get the bottom end closed off either.

Jethro said:

Interesting... I did a little more hunting around online, and as it turns out, Lianyungang Fenqiang Trading Co., Ltd. in Jiangsu, China apparently sells borosilicate glass tubes with sealed flat bottoms.

The page gives a price of $1-$50 per piece, and a minimum order of 2 pieces. I have no idea how much they would actually turn out to cost, but with that sort of thing, the cost-per-piece tends to go down the more pieces you order. Either way, I bet it would still be cheaper than buying the raw materials and then hiring someone to fabricate the containers for us.

I would definitely only need one, and it'll probably be a few weeks before I'll be in a position to afford something like that anyway. Let me know what your glassblower friend says... should I email that company in China to ask for a price estimate?

Also, just so we're clear on our dimensions, I need a container 140mm diameter, 3-4mm walls, and 700-800mm long. I could probably go longer if it wouldn't be too much more expensive. Does that fit what you're looking for?

Jethro said:

I'd be willing to share in the expense.  Perhaps it would be more economical to make a batch of five.  I'd take two or three.

I'll check with a glass blower freind

Lukeonia1 said:

Jethro said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2019   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service