Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

May be the first Neo on American shores.

Special thanks to the one who helped getting it here. (You know who you are)

Views: 1659

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's here! Warming up now! 

A few thoughts: I am really struggling to get that top piece inserted all the way so I can screw in the little bolt. 

Also, it feels like there's a very slight rubbery/vinyl coating on the glass. Anyone else noticed this?

But yeah, good dog, it's gorgeous!

really like mine

The orange lva with copper is stunning

Erin, it's a shatterproof coating, intended to hold the broken glass in one piece. That, the low (20-watts) power, the type of bulb used, the globe being held to the base, and the base being able to be screwed to a table are all intended to make it safe for a kid's room.

Got mine in a trade (copper with violet/pink) today, in trade with another collector for something I got. It's solid and HEAVY, well-built, the metal parts look and feel great, nothing dinky or plastic, and the "up-to-the-minute" (to use an old phrase from Crestworth) copper is spiffy. Can't wait to get it running. Oddly enough, I only found out these existed last Friday and thought, "Oh, wow, that's cool. But they're not sold in the US, and any collector who imports one will love it so much that they won't trade." A day later, I found someone who bought more than one, and who wanted something I have.

'Spiffy'... I love that word, can't stop using it now.  :D

Jonas Clark-Elliott said:

Got mine in a trade (copper with violet/pink) today, in trade with another collector for something I got. It's solid and HEAVY, well-built, the metal parts look and feel great, nothing dinky or plastic, and the "up-to-the-minute" (to use an old phrase from Crestworth) copper is spiffy.

I did finally read about that. Kinda cool! However, me being the moron I am, I've already put a tiny nick in it.  I still can't get the top part all the way in so I can put that tiny screw in.

Jonas Clark-Elliott said:

Erin, it's a shatterproof coating, intended to hold the broken glass in one piece. That, the low (20-watts) power, the type of bulb used, the globe being held to the base, and the base being able to be screwed to a table are all intended to make it safe for a kid's room.

A guy I know retains the nickname "Spiffy" after trying to reintroduce it, among other vintage slang, at his elementary school in the 80s. None of it caught on. I've been trying to spread it around.

Yes, getting the top down fully takes a bit of work. Once it's done, the top & globe will go on and off easily. The screw, I'll note, goes in at a slight upward angle, not straight horizontal.

As this warms up, the violet/pink reminds me a lot of a really great 90s LL color, "Royal Red" (which was pink/purple). Royal Red sold out in Spencer Gifts as soon as they got a shipment in, and this looks a LOT like it!

Thanks for the tip, Nee! I'll try that!

I need to get a Chrome one now

They look great side/by/side

Excellent choice, Nee! That's exactly what I ordered. I did also order a spare bottle in the red/red. I can't wait until it arrives for me, here in the US.

zI used ebay on my first one,

Who did you use for third party purchase/shipping service?

Might be cheaper for multiple purchases

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2019   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service