Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

May be the first Neo on American shores.

Special thanks to the one who helped getting it here. (You know who you are)

Views: 1660

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

waiting for mine to arrive

The globe is stunning looking.

This is how the unit will be powered in the States.

P

The cable was not included with the Neo.

Which cable was not included? The white or the black one? And, where did you get the needed cable?

Looks awesome! Can't wait to get mine. :) 

I don't know much about electricity, so I wanted to find out if you use the above configuration, does that mean a Step-Up Converter wouldn't be required for this lamp in the US? Would the US voltage still be appropriate with this configuration to make the lamp flow the way it's supposed to?

Erin said:

Which cable was not included? The white or the black one? And, where did you get the needed cable?

Looks awesome! Can't wait to get mine. :) 

The black cable was not included.
I had a spare, but this is what you need.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-6-2-slot-nonpolarized-power-co...

You may be able to find it cheaper than BestBuy, but it shows in stock at my local store. It is a common cable for many things. Look at the end... It just plugs straight in. Any cable with an end like that would work..... I did see them cheaper ($5) on ebay just now, but that was shipping from China.... Personally, I would pay the extra few bucks to get it from BestBuy, expecially if you have a Neo ordered and cannot wait for a shipment from China.....

Anyhow... It is a stunning looking lamp. I had it flowing last night and it looks great.
Thanks

Ryan said:
I don't know much about electricity, so I wanted to find out if you use the above configuration, does that mean a Step-Up Converter wouldn't be required for this lamp in the US? Would the US voltage still be appropriate with this configuration to make the lamp flow the way it's supposed to?

Here is the lamp:

To answer the question.

The white box is a voltage converter. It accepts any voltage between 100 and 240. It converts that to 12 Volt. In America we run at 120 volt. What you see will work perfectly for the Neo.
The lamp will flow exactly the same as it would in a country that sends 220 to the converter.
The only thing needed is the proper power cord that is linked above.

The lamp is heating now for its second run. It looks so stunning that it will take center stage on the lava table for the annual Haze Thanksgiving Eve Party. The table will be totally re-done around that lamp. (Working on that now)

Thanks
Just the base.

Thanks, analoghaze! I'm going to get in touch with my buddy from the UK soon to order one of these bad boys!

There's a seller on eBay who's selling them that ships to the US. That's where I bought mine from.

Link: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MATHMOS-Neo-Lava-lamp-/201698914137?var=&am...

Copper base:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MATHMOS-Neo-Lava-lamp-with-COPPER-BASE-/201...

Ryan said:

Thanks, analoghaze! I'm going to get in touch with my buddy from the UK soon to order one of these bad boys!

Got mine yesterday, absolutely love it! Well worth the money.

A word of warning to Neo owners... on no account try to turn the bottle before removing the cap/spine from the base.

I foolishly just did this to re-align the Mathmos logo on the bottle to the front and have been left with a really nasty score mark in the glass from where they join.... Doh !!!  :(

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2019   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service