Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Does anybody know what the new first 100 due to be released from Mathmos is? I'm guessing they will announced the actual item nearer the 15th June. I'm not on any social media sites to be able to take a look. Thanks for any info :)

Views: 1835

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wow that looks cool they confirmed they gonna keep this in the range just wont have the first 100 edition ones do you know if you managed to get one looks so cool

Susan said:

I'm not sure to be honest, I saw this photo on their website, that's where I got the idea of the label from. 

john said:

The vinyl astro is staying as mathmos say it will be in its complete range normally the sticker is on the base and the box for the first editions not sure if it's on the cap though it's always been at the base of the lamp these sold out so quick I miss the first 100 but still cool lamp I wonder if the black astro might get discontinued as this is far nicer edition

There's no indication on the receipt.  Mine will be arriving tomorrow, so we'll find out then!

I'm quite excited about it, regardless of whether I bagged a first 100 or not.  It will be nice to have something a bit different. 

john said:

wow that looks cool they confirmed they gonna keep this in the range just wont have the first 100 edition ones do you know if you managed to get one looks so cool

The one I ordered arrives tomorrow, so we are looking forward to it. Hubby will have his present early. 

I've just been informed that I missed out. My order was firstly completed at 11.01, there time 10.01, but crashed on the last stage of payment. I got straight back to the payment page and completed checkout at 11.03 (receipt says 10.03) So if any of you have placed an order passed that point, it looks like it won't be a one of the first 100. 

I received an email this afternoon replying to the email I sent Mathmos yesterday, I'd missed the first 100. Originally I sent Mathmos an email to let them know my first order at 11.01 had failed at payment stage and was showing on my account as failed. I asked them if there was anything I needed to do with the order stuck on my account, ie them remove it. I didn't want a half ordered item messing things up at their end. I mentioned due to the payment failure I'd dropped places in the purchase order, so hopefully it wouldn't stop me receiving a 1st 100 lamp. Anyway, the email I received today said I'd missed them. Hubby is disappointed and thinks the amount of people trying to order had caused the payment issue, so some early birds missed out due to the payment crash. Because reading this thread it seems we are not alone in the checkout issues. 

Jezza said:

Hi Susan, who informed you that you missed out? My order was 11.08, and i was having trouble getting to the checkout phase. I actually started at 1 minute past eleven. Their website was being a real pig. 

But I have not received any mesage and mine is due to be delivered tomorrow. So will just have to wait and see anyway. 

Im not too fussed as I'm not sure that I like the sticker on the cap. To be honest the whole thing doesn't really float my boat. If there's anything wrong with it I won't hesitate to send it back, but recently my stuff has all been perfect. 

When we get them let's all post which, if any, number we get. I'll let you all know, what i get tomorrow. 

Mine arrived!

I ended up with a first 100, #23

It's really quite lovely.  The cord is quite thick and stiff so it did take a little bending to get in to place.  It's a shame they don't stamp the first 100 on rather than use a sticker, it does look a little 'meh'.    Overall, I'm really quite happy.

Preliminary pictures, not flowing yet obviously:

Lamps lovely, don't like that sticker though, looks a bit, naff. I wonder what the top looks like without the sticker, hopefully it will have the ridges going into the middle. 

I believe it is flat (like the centre of a record would be).  There are no ridges showing through on the sticker.

Yeah, given that they do first 100 runs on a semi-regular basis, you'd think it would be feasible for them to knock up some metal stamps so it could be etched on rather than a sticker.

This one would probably look cool beside my laser cut sex pistols record...  I'd just need to figure out where to put them...

I need some kind of music/media room!

Susan said:

Lamps lovely, don't like that sticker though, looks a bit, naff. I wonder what the top looks like without the sticker, hopefully it will have the ridges going into the middle. 

As said previously, I bought this lamp for my Husband who's music and music equipment daft! Amplifier and speaker bonkers especially. I'm hoping it will look great next to my white astro and I'll move the brushed Astro out instead. If it looks naff, we have a problem lol. 

MonsoonStorm said:

I believe it is flat (like the centre of a record would be).  There are no ridges showing through on the sticker.

Yeah, given that they do first 100 runs on a semi-regular basis, you'd think it would be feasible for them to knock up some metal stamps so it could be etched on rather than a sticker.

This one would probably look cool beside my laser cut sex pistols record...  I'd just need to figure out where to put them...

I need some kind of music/media room!

Susan said:

Just a quick update,

the wax is perfect, no issues with the stand or bottle.  All good!

Ours isn't standing squarely on our glass cabinet, the feet are not even, so it's slightly rocking, going to see what the problem is in a minute, as it's only just been delivered. Here's a photo of the top without the sticker, beautiful. 

Here's Hubbies new vinyl lamp with my one and only clear and white bottle. Mathmos need to make the clear and white a permanently available bottle, to boost the vinyl Astro sale imo. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service