Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hi everyone:

What a great website. I'm a bit new to collecting Lava Lamps. The past week, I ordered a large Grande Lava from Amazon. Purple with orange yellow wax. I had a hunch from previous experiences that the water would be very cloudy. Sure enough, it was. I was so disappointed. But I got to researching and discovered that Mathmos is selling in the U.S. now, but they don't have any Lava Lamps in stock now and won't be expected for 3 weeks :-(

I fell in love with the Telstar and how absolutely clear videos of their water looks. I came across a light firm in Denmark on Youtube with a neon Telstar (light green water with orange or reddish wax). I called up Mathmos today and they said they never sold such a model. Maybe the firm in Denmark colored the video ;)

I'm willing to pay more for my Lava Lamp, and I just wondered what the experiences have been with Mathmos lamps, I never see any complaints about them.

Thanks so much ;)

Views: 3072

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would think that anything on their website that had a price under the item would be good to go, (e.g. both fireflows). I would buy both Fireflows right now, even though some people say they are junk, but you can't. I would take my chances, but you can't even order.

telemann said:

I talked to them two days ago. They are expecting Astros and Telestars in 2 to 3 weeks.

Mattmos said:

I would love to find out the quality of Mathmos USA, when they open. Does anyone know the opening date of the website? Waiting for my tax return is slow. Watching a slug leave a slime trail is slower, but Mathmos USA, well you get the point.

I also forgot to mention that when I bought my fluidium it came in a brown box with no graphics. Both the globe and the base came in astro bottle boxes, they didn't even fit properly. -.-

That sounds proper dodgey - when i got my fludium it came in a mathmos box and all items boxed and bagged as you would expect and that fludium is completely fine.

When I got my fludium globe this came packed in a mathmos fludium bottle box and bagged etc.

I have had no issues with both my fludiums.

I have two UK Smart Astros that I've been conditioning for several weeks.  The liquid is clear not cloudy but does have a few smart artifacts in it.

The goo seems grainy and not as uniform as I would hope.  It also seems to have a narrow window of operation...between when it's properly warmed up and it starts breaking into smaller blobs that live at the top.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2020   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service