Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

http://mathmos.us/

Prices are up too, but it says "coming soon".

Views: 1232

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Autumn, that's the great thing about collecting and knowing what we're looking for in lamps. While we are buying quality lamps, everyone else is buying their $20 lamps. Just an example, look at the quality between a Telstar and one of those rocket lamps they have on Ebay. I'm not knocking those other rocket lamps, but the quality between the two is uncanning. I will spend $50 more for quality. And look at it this way, if they don't buy Mathmos, it just leaves more for us goo-heads. :>)

said:

The average kid or parent of a kid will see a $20 lamp sitting next to an $80 lamp. Neither of them will spend $80 on a lamp. When I was younger getting $50 for a new video game was a challenge, $80 for a lamp would be out of the question. Kids dont really care about quality, they both look like lava lamps. The only people who will be buying mathmos lamps are collectors, adults, and kids with rich parents

Marcel said:

Lavalite will have a problem over time, if mathmos lamps are displayed next to them.

But as we know mathmos... they dont want to earn money... so they will never display their products in a shop ;)

For sure. I have old LL that are awesome still pre china. And I have a few china made ones they don't even compare! And mathmos makes LL look like a joke! I'm now even more happy cause I was only going to get a few mathmos with tax return, now without the high shipping I can get even more!
So far my plan is to get a green to yellow smart astro and a violet/orange telstar.

Metallicaman said:
For sure. I have old LL that are awesome still pre china. And I have a few china made ones they don't even compare! And mathmos makes LL look like a joke! I'm now even more happy cause I was only going to get a few mathmos with tax return, now without the high shipping I can get even more!

Ditto Ditto on lamps. Probably get a couple Fireflow's as well. 

Autumn said:

So far my plan is to get a green to yellow smart astro and a violet/orange telstar.

Metallicaman said:

ditto on the smart just hope the globe arrives in good shape. Seen a few complaint threads about the clear white that came with the smart. I do want a turquoise globe too ;)

Autumn said:

Metallicaman said:
I went to mathmos usa site and its been a while since I had last visited but I noticed that they removed the astros all together and not even so much as a "coming soon." Anyone know why they removed them? I'm getting the silent treatment from them.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2020   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service