Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Mathmos are doing a limited run of Astro bottles with white wax and clear liquid.

FOR ONE DAY ONLY!!!! WEDNESDAY 1st JULY

LIMITED RUN OF ASTRO WHITE BOTTLES FOR ONE DAY ONLY!

Due to high demand from our collectors, we are offering Astro white bottles for one day only, next WEDNESDAY 1st JULY 2020.
You will have until midnight to place your order on our websites and then the listings will be removed and we will fill the amount of orders placed only. No exceptions. This is a great opportunity for owners of the discontinued Astro 3 in 1, to refurbish their lamp.

On this occasion, we’d also like to offer you the opportunity to vote in our poll as to whether you want Mathmos branded bottles or unbranded for this run only. Majority vote wins, we will not be filling two separate batches into branded and unbranded.

NB. White wax is known to discolour, so will not be classed as a fault. Avoid heat and sunlight where possible to get the most longevity from your white bottle.

Views: 1706

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where did you find all this information? Do we have any idea how much they will cost? 32 euro like a spare bottle?

Also, to everyone in the USA would you suggest "forward to me" as a shipping resource? Their process has kinda sketched me out in the past... 

I appreciate all your input and hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.

This was announced on the official Mathmos Twitter feed earlier today.

ash-hole! said:

Where did you find all this information? Do we have any idea how much they will cost? 32 euro like a spare bottle?

Also, to everyone in the USA would you suggest "forward to me" as a shipping resource? Their process has kinda sketched me out in the past... 

What sketched you out about Forward2Me? Their process is pretty straightforward.

The only issue I've had with Forward2Me was once, shipping an iO. They claimed that the package was damaged and insisted that I needed to pay $10 for repacking, but wouldn't provide any evidence of the damage unless I also paid for photos (and said they couldn't ship without repacking). The fee was totally reasonable, so I paid, but upon receiving the package there was absolutely no sign of damage to the Mathmos packaging, and honestly their additional packaging was pretty terrible. I was also a bit annoyed that whoever did the repackaging put the "This Way Up" label facing the wrong direction (not that I believe shipping companies ever pay attention to those labels anyway).

The customer support response, also, left quite a lot to be desired. (Basically, they couldn't explain why they had needed to repack, presumably because they didn't bother to take any photos beyond the one they do always take of the label, yet refused to admit that they had made a mistake.) Aside from sheer stubbornness to admit what was really a pretty minor mistake, though. I've never had any real problems.

Short of that admittedly slightly sketchy experience, they've been totally reliable. The process itself (ship to their warehouse and then pay for forwarding) is really easy and completely reasonable. The experience contrasts greatly with the one time I tried to find a forwarder in Australia, where it seemed the only options were one company which would have required scans of my ID, several operations that seemed to be really small and didn't really automate anything or respond well to inquiries, or one site which was literally like Uber or AirBnB for shipping forwarding. (Maybe they have some unusual laws surrounding parcel services? Whatever the case, I just gave up.)

ash-hole! said:

Thanks for the lead. Interesting that Mathmos do on occasion give in to demand from collectors - makes you wonder what else we could pester them into submission for - refills for Jet/ Fluidium perhaps?

I have a clear/ white from the last limited run around a decade or so ago, but a fresh one would be nice, shame that they don't stay looking 'crisp' for long though.

Also - do the right thing and vote for the branded bottles - you know it makes sense!

Excellent news! Unbranded for me is the way to go!  I so don’t like any unnecessary verbiage or appliqué on a Lava bottle!

I like the etched logos, especially how they glow when the lamp is lit, like a little neon sign - would look great with the white wax.

Branded is winning (on the facebook poll anyway) so far - by 73%.

I don’t (won’t ever) do the Facebook thing so thanks for posting the info. 

I am very disappointed!

Mathmos raised the price for the white / clear Astro bottle by 30% in advance to € 56, so that the price will be € 39.20 if you order at least 2 pieces. I was about to order 20 bottles to fill a princess, but now I'm out. I am a collector with heart and soul, but not stupid !!!

Where did you get this price information? I don't see it listed on the Mathmos website yet.

Christian said:

I am very disappointed!

Mathmos raised the price for the white / clear Astro bottle by 30% in advance to € 56, so that the price will be € 39.20 if you order at least 2 pieces. I was about to order 20 bottles to fill a princess, but now I'm out. I am a collector with heart and soul, but not stupid !!!

Does any one have the url to this information on Mathmos site and link to the actual bottles? I cannot seem to find them. 

I don’t think the ability to purchase it goes online until the start of business on 7/1/20

That’s pretty shocking not to mention greedy if Mathmos have raised the price but as it’s not on the U.K. website we won’t know until it is.

Christian said:

I am very disappointed!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service