Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hi. I just bought a Midnight Aristocrat Blue off ebay. Can any of you goo heads tell me anything about it?  

Views: 153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This one?  If so it's one of the best combinations Lava ever put out.  By that I mean the blue water/yellow wax combo from the mid 90's generally has about the best and most consistent flows of any of them.  Other than a Mathmos Astro that was gifted to me, the one of these that I have is my favorite lava lamp that I own.

That's the exact one...I paid $38 for it. Did I do good?

Keith said:

This one?  If so it's one of the best combinations Lava ever put out.  By that I mean the blue water/yellow wax combo from the mid 90's generally has about the best and most consistent flows of any of them.  Other than a Mathmos Astro that was gifted to me, the one of these that I have is my favorite lava lamp that I own.

I think that's a pretty average going price right now.  For a good (great) flowing globe I think it is a great deal. 

But don't be upset, I got mine off of a craigslist sale for $15.00.  

denny mcnerney said:

That's the exact one...I paid $38 for it. Did I do good?

Keith said:

This one?  If so it's one of the best combinations Lava ever put out.  By that I mean the blue water/yellow wax combo from the mid 90's generally has about the best and most consistent flows of any of them.  Other than a Mathmos Astro that was gifted to me, the one of these that I have is my favorite lava lamp that I own.

Well, thank you for making me feel good about the quality of this lamp...

but then you had to tell me about the $15 craigslist deal, didn't ya? huh?
Keith said:

I think that's a pretty average going price right now.  For a good (great) flowing globe I think it is a great deal. 

But don't be upset, I got mine off of a craigslist sale for $15.00.  

denny mcnerney said:

That's the exact one...I paid $38 for it. Did I do good?

Keith said:

This one?  If so it's one of the best combinations Lava ever put out.  By that I mean the blue water/yellow wax combo from the mid 90's generally has about the best and most consistent flows of any of them.  Other than a Mathmos Astro that was gifted to me, the one of these that I have is my favorite lava lamp that I own.

While I love the look of the Aristocrat bases, I don't care too much for them because they seem to be hotter and I have to dim them down farther than the Century bases.

Regardless, if you have not spent $10 on a dimmer it is a must have IMO.

Great bargain you got there :-)

Keith, you are right. This is a beautiful lamp.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2019   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service