Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

This might be the wrong forum, as it's not about lava, so Mods feel free to move it, but... I'm building a display of unusual vintage light bulbs. I'm looking for Aerolux neon glow bulbs, but only flowers. I have room for two small globe (standard "light bulb" shape, shape "A" in technical terms) bulbs, and two tubular/cylindrical bulbs.

I have a few Aerolux bulbs I could trade:
-- Bird Of Paradise/Bird & Bouquet (swooping bird, four-petal and tulip flowers, purple with green leaves) Bulb works, not all parts light at first but will if given a few minutes. Tips of two of the seven leaves have lost the green glow and are purple, and there's a darkened spot on the glass over one flower. Has "1971 IMS Corp. Albequerque NM" clear sticker - IMS bought Aerolux bulbs and resold them under the name Groovie Glo.
-- Love Daisy - Another IMS-rebranded Aerolux. Pink ruffled heart, cut-out center with cursive "Love", six-petal flower above (glows pink with pink-backed green flower). Works well, "Love" section is a bit dim in few small spots but does glow.
-- Shriners emblem (pink glow) Works beautifully, base has been glued back on after getting loose so be gentle. Nice intricate, relief emblem.
-- Order of the Eastern Star emblem (also pink). Works beautifully. Lots of intricate detail on star/wreath.
All in Aerolux's "A" bulb shape - which isn't curved like most "A" bulbs (think the "average light bulb shape") but rather is a sphere atop a straight-sided tube section.

I will trade these one-for-one for: tubular or A-shape (or even Hurricane shape, though prefer A or T shapes) Aerolux flowers, in pink or purple, as long as they work and most of the green glows well: Bouquet (has three types of flowers, six- and four-petal plus tulip), Field Flowers (three flat, upward-facing six-petal flowers), Large Field Flower (big and small angled six-petal flowers), Heart & Flowers, Calla Lily, Roses (big rose and bud), Cosmos, Forget-Me-Nots, Irises. I have the pink I Love You Flowers, the purple Bird & Bouquet, and the pink Tulips. Also interested in the Aerolux Kerosene Flame (flame coming out of non-glowing silver, domed 'wick surround' inside bulb).

Will also trade for Kyp-Go Wild Flicker or Balafire bulbs, in which filament flies around wildly due to an internally- or externally-mounted magnet, and for Japanese-made bulbs by Kokka-Hana-Denkyu Co. in which flowers, birds, Eiffel Tower, ladies, etc. made of glass, or flowers around a shiny metal Crucifix, light up from tiny light bulb filaments within.

Attached (I do NOT own these bulbs): Aerolux A-bulb tulips, purple; green 3" Balafire/Wild Flicker in 7-Up can base; standard (most common) Kokka bulb containing three glass flowers and leaf (flowers light when bulb is screwed in partway; 60-watt filament in base lights when screwed in all the way).
~ Jonas

Views: 305

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very, though I assume most lava collectors don't have these.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2020   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service