Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Like so many others, I too have a cloudy Grande. I knew that's what I was buying when I found it on eBay though. It was $50 shipped. 

I waited about two days before I dumped it. I did attempt to run it once last night, but since I couldn't really see the lava, I can only assume this thing had some sort of aneurysm by the looks of it today:

Seriously, it actually kinda grossed me out:

Another gross shot:

I followed Shawn's lovely tutorial for Goo-Kitting and only spilled twice. ;)

Blue duct tape!

Clean globe, with 60s Century on in the background for inspiration:   :)

And blah, blah, blah, now I'm waiting for its first run!

My plans are to dye the liquid (water) green, paint the base a muted copper and drill holes in it like a Century. 

More news as I progress! Can't wait to see this running. 

Views: 1932

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Heck ya girl! I'll drop it into this colossus to offset the fluid I lost. what do you have it in?

Thanx,

I have it in a glass pickle jar with lid. I have all the wax. It's red. 

PM me your address and I'll send it out to ya' for whatever shipping would cost me. Likely $8 or so. 

matt01165 said:

Heck ya girl! I'll drop it into this colossus to offset the fluid I lost. what do you have it in?

Thanx,

Pickle Jar! You read my mind I was thinking a pickle or apple sauce jar exactly.
I don't think I ever will hear this phrase again. LOL

matt01165 said:
Pickle Jar! You read my mind.
I guess we're bonding. BTW my cat likes your bunny
I wish that was my bunny. I am allergic to all things furry!

matt01165 said:
I guess we're bonding. BTW my cat likes your bunny
Is there a fan causing a draft on the lamp?  I have noticed that that can really affect the flow of a globe even at fairly warm temperatures. 

Erin said:

OK, so I have my 100W floods. I'm still having issues! The lamp isn't getting hot enough. It was doing better with the 100W non-flood and tinfoil, to be honest. We have the A/C on and the house is about 78. 

Thoughts anyone? 

I don't think so Keith. The 100W floods have helped, but it takes a LONG time to get going, but when it does, the flow is perfect. I need to figure out how to do the Century holes pattern on something this big. 

Keith said:
Is there a fan causing a draft on the lamp?  I have noticed that that can really affect the flow of a globe even at fairly warm temperatures. 

Erin said:

OK, so I have my 100W floods. I'm still having issues! The lamp isn't getting hot enough. It was doing better with the 100W non-flood and tinfoil, to be honest. We have the A/C on and the house is about 78. 

Thoughts anyone? 

I only fire this this up on the weekends. With a 100w flood in it, it doesn't get flowing until about 6 hours have passed. What's the start-to-flow time for everyone else with a GooKit'd Grande?
It's ALIVE!

Dr. WHAT?! said:
Its getting there Erin be patient ;)
I'm looking forward to my next one... as soon as my GooKit arrives.
lol once you buy one, its hard not to buy more lol

Erin said:
I'm looking forward to my next one... as soon as my GooKit arrives.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service