Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

So, I was thinking I might need a goo kit??  Has anybody returned one of these to Sonic Electronics?  Any chance I might be able to get one of those clear goo kits from Magma?

Views: 690

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You will certainty be able to get a goo kit and the things you need to goo kit from Magma tower.

As for returning it to Sonic Electronics - I haven't had any dealings with them so I don't know they are. Your best bet is to ask for a refund and to keep the lamp as postage will cost a lot and they will have to cover it so if they have and decent sense then they should let you keep it or at least give you some money back on it.

Why don't you first try to filter it?

Hi Jethro, I actually won/purchased four Grandes from Sonicelectronix, and I have had nothing but clear lamps from them. The only lamp that was somewhat cloudy, but nothing like yours, was my purple/pink Grande.  Either contact them about a return, filter or try a goo kit.

First of i would try to contact them and hear what they have to say.. You should be able to get a refund or maybe partial if you want to keep the lamp and DIY.

And as for DIY you could just replace the liquid completely.. I've done that with two grandes with great success.. All you need is some destilled water, fog fluid and SLES .. You should be able to get this pretty cheap..

And even easier solution would be to filter it IF you have a MSR Water filter or that japanese copy.

Another solution would be to goo kit it :)

Hi, thanks for your note.

Did you get a red/clear lamp?  My others other colors were OK (not great) but I got two bad red/clears.

Yes, the goo kit comment was kind of a joke :P

Mattmos said:

Hi Jethro, I actually won/purchased four Grandes from Sonicelectronix, and I have had nothing but clear lamps from them. The only lamp that was somewhat cloudy, but nothing like yours, was my purple/pink Grande.  Either contact them about a return, filter or try a goo kit.

Hey Jethro, click on my avatar and go to my pictures. I have a few shots of my clear/red. It's very clear. It looks like they played hot potato with yours, DAMN that sux!  

Jethro said:

Did you get a red/clear lamp?  My others other colors were OK (not great) but I got two bad red/clears.

Mattmos said:

Yes, I would like red/clear like yours.  How long ago did you get it?  Any reconditioning?

Cheers,

J.

Mattmos said:

Hey Jethro, click on my avatar and go to my pictures. I have a few shots of my clear/red. It's very clear. It looks like they played hot potato with yours, DAMN that sux!  

Jethro said:

I received my red/clear Grande in mid Dec. 2011, and it was clear when I received it.  All four Grandes that I won from Sonic Electroincs were clear. If I were you, since I had such great luck with my first goo kit, I would do a goo kit with your Grande. I've never filtered a lamp before, but that just looks too time consuming for me.

Jethro said:

Yes, I would like red/clear like yours.  How long ago did you get it?  Any reconditioning?

Cheers,

J.

Mattmos said:

Jethro said:

Well, you should try.

I cleared my grande in just few hours.

The best part of it: after buying the filter, each filtering is free (except for a little time), so it will be usefull for other lamps.

A really good investment for any Lavalovers.

Mattmos said:

I've never filtered a lamp before, but that just looks too time consuming for me.

Honestly, I didn't know that it only takes a few hours to filter a lamp. So buying a filter system would do the trick. Not only for this one, but for others as well.

Astralav said:

Well, you should try.

The best part of it: after buying the filter, each filtering is free (except for a little time), so it will be usefull for other lamps.

Mattmos said:

I've never filtered a lamp before, but that just looks too time consuming for me.

So, did you filter it just once or a few times?  Any special mothodologies you could enlighten me to?  What temp was the liquid, etc.

Thanks!

Astralav said:

Well, you should try.

Mattmos said:

It's really simple:

run the lamp a couple of days to optimise the filtering result.

When cold, you just insert the correct tube in the Grande, and the outer tube to a big empty can, then pump, pump, pump, pump, pump etc...

Then refill the lamp (or if you want you can filter it on the way back, but it is not necessary)

Run, close the cap, and enjoy the clear liquid.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service