Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I thought I'd start a post on neat / rare eBay lava and glitter sales. Sometimes it's nice to remember the sale of a really cool or hardly-seen item.

Please only post completed/closed eBay auctions - please don't post any open sales!

I'll start off with the Princess wall model lava that sold tonight. Anyone here get this? :)

If you post to this thread with a completed auction, please try to include a screen shot, not a link. After so many months eBay removes auctions and for historical purposes, it'd be nice to see what sold.

Views: 22287

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just grabbed this off eBay last week. Really excited as the screw-cap Midnight Aristocrats are harder to come by.

Elegant Glitterlite closed for $36 yesterday morning, nodded off a few minutes before auction ended. Still in disbelief. Finally joined discussion so I could share my grief.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-SILVER-GOLD-GLITTER-LAVA-LAMP-Mid-C...

if someone could point me to instructions for how you're uploading screenshots instead of links.....?
did attach the best image.

sick, sick, sick over this.....

Attachments:

I got this one, was thinking it was a fluted consort I've read about but never seen (even a picture).....bottle not right size, but American plug....I like it, don't know what it is though.

Critter said:

Jim what was the BIN price originally?

Jim said:

Yea - would love to know details myself on this one.  Had considered making a run and bought myself some time by screwing the BIN option and placing the first bid.  You're welcome to the seller and sorry to the winning bidder .  Neat looking lamp though!

Erin said:

Never seen one like this before. Anyone know anything about it?

I got this one, I knew what it was. Happy with the price.

Erin said:

Don't know if anyone caught this one, but it's another SUPER rare Elegant Enchantress (I believe) and it went fairly cheap. I don't think most people knew what it was. I decided not to bid as my funds need to be spent elsewhere right now. 

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-LAVA-LAMP-GOLD-BASE-MINT-GREEN-LIQU... 

As usual I set the price on this one (2nd high bidder), would have got it for nothing if not for one guy who wanted it more or had deeper pockets, wish I could remember the exact details but this one was going for a song until the last few seconds......this should give a little history as to why I'm so sick about the $36 one a few posts up, I do truly wonder with that one if the buyer has any idea at all of what he got.

This one was the most I've ever bid, couldn't believe I didn't get it, won't be placing any bids that strong again for a long time.

Jim said:

Not willing to put this one into the over priced thread.  But what the heck is it?  Was tempted on this one, but not at what it went for.

I know how you feel I was going to bid on that glitter lite as well, but I overslept and missed the auction ;(

For images I normally just copy and paste.

Perry said:

Elegant Glitterlite closed for $36 yesterday morning, nodded off a few minutes before auction ended. Still in disbelief. Finally joined discussion so I could share my grief.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-SILVER-GOLD-GLITTER-LAVA-LAMP-Mid-C...

if someone could point me to instructions for how you're uploading screenshots instead of links.....?
did attach the best image.

sick, sick, sick over this.....

Ok, thanks for the tip on the image, but how are you getting screen shots of the whole ebay auction page? I tried to cut and paste, and it was a mess, so I deleted it.

I use the Snipping Tool on my Windows PC. Then save the image and the post it that way.

I use "print screen" and crop the image.

Perry said:

Ok, thanks for the tip on the image, but how are you getting screen shots of the whole ebay auction page? I tried to cut and paste, and it was a mess, so I deleted it.

Thanks for the help, I'm on a mac and I'm usually pretty good with this sort of thing, so I'll do my best to figure it out. Sorry to clutter up the thread with these types of issues. In the meantime if someone else wants to post that ($36 glitterlite) auction before it vanishes from ebay while I'm figuring this out, I'd appreciate it. I know I'm new but it certainly seems like it deserves to be in this thread. Thanks.

awesome, thanks.
analoghaze said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service