Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

New custom lava lamp grande - let's hope this clears up

So got my grande today, was excited to take it out of the box but was also nervous knowing the bottle wouldn't be clear.


See pics.

I can't even run it today as it's in the 20's here and the bottle is ice cold, literally from fedex transport. I have to let it get to room temps over night and run it tomorrow but I have a feeling it won't get crystal clear.

Sorry my place is always a mess, no room, gotta get these damn wheels listed and sold lol.

I can't even see my hand directly behind the bottle :(

I will run it for a week but I can't imagine going from this to perfectly clear.

Views: 583

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bummer.  I doubt if it will clear any time soon, if ever.  Like you say, give it several days or a few weeks.  Just make sure to contact for a replacement before the warranty expires.

I will be contacting them tomorrow just so they can get the pics so in a week when it does not clear, the process is started.

I wonder if they even look at them before shipping to customers? Wouldn't that make sense?

Well, let's see what happens. The freakin bottle is so cold it feels like it was in a freezer for 8 hours. I am afraid if I turn it on for a while the bottle would crack.

BTW haven't seen you post in a while, everything okay?

Thanks for asking Rod, yeah everything is ok.  I just haven't had anything to post lately.

They could at least spot check a percentage out of every lot.  But this probably happened when shipped to you, not from china.  I had a Mathmos sent around Christmas a few years ago and it arrived nearly as cloudy.  I could just barely make out my hand through the globe.  It took it a year to clear.

Also, I agree about running the lamp.  Let it come up to room temp before turning it on.  You might even let it set over the weekend before running it to see if any of the clouding settles.  It may help.

kero48 said:

I will be contacting them tomorrow just so they can get the pics so in a week when it does not clear, the process is started.

I wonder if they even look at them before shipping to customers? Wouldn't that make sense?

Well, let's see what happens. The freakin bottle is so cold it feels like it was in a freezer for 8 hours. I am afraid if I turn it on for a while the bottle would crack.

BTW haven't seen you post in a while, everything okay?

I would agree this was from china to the U.S., I don't think a 2 day trip from IL to NY would do this. Susan told me typically this happens from IL to CA due to the longer transit time.

Good on everything being okay!!

I will set the lamp on a timer tomorrow to turn on around 2PM, I get home at 5PM, on Fridays I hit the sack around 1AM, should be enough time for a first time run eventhough I won't see all that much.

I just hope there is no chance of globe breakage while not home running on a timer.

Sorry to hear that man. I hope your replacement comes in super clear!

Don't be surprised if you don't get proper flow on the first couple of runs.  Some globes really need those break-in runs.

kero48 said:

I would agree this was from china to the U.S., I don't think a 2 day trip from IL to NY would do this. Susan told me typically this happens from IL to CA due to the longer transit time.

Good on everything being okay!!

I will set the lamp on a timer tomorrow to turn on around 2PM, I get home at 5PM, on Fridays I hit the sack around 1AM, should be enough time for a first time run eventhough I won't see all that much.

I just hope there is no chance of globe breakage while not home running on a timer.

Called lava lamp today. Susan is out for a few weeks so spoke to Denise. She got the photos, she said it's one of the worst she has seen in a while and is processing me getting another bottle. I didn't get a call back today but will touch base again with them on Monday.

I confirmed they don't really check the lamps before they ship! UGH!

I told her if they don't have clear yellow and red, send me a clear paint red yellow with red lava. Something clear at least.

Throw back to mine lol

Wow ours look almost indentical in a very bad way lol.

Mine has been running for 7 hours. Despite the cloudy puke water fluid, the flow up close looks great, Step back 2 feet and you see nothing.

I hope they send me a clear one this time as I am not going to accept anything other than a clear bottle. I don't want a refund, I want a clear grande lol.

I told them if they have other color combos that are clear send me one of those.

It actually cleared up pretty well now after being ran for a bit and stored in box for a bit lol but yeah ours are pretty bad. they better give you a nice one because this is unacceptable 

kero48 said:

Wow ours look almost indentical in a very bad way lol.

Mine has been running for 7 hours. Despite the cloudy puke water fluid, the flow up close looks great, Step back 2 feet and you see nothing.

I hope they send me a clear one this time as I am not going to accept anything other than a clear bottle. I don't want a refund, I want a clear grande lol.

I told them if they have other color combos that are clear send me one of those.

I guess we shall see and of course i will update if and when I get a replacement. I am going to run this one for a week straight since I have it, why not right.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2019   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service