Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

New iO Matt Silver and a first 100 Limited Edition Io.

The Matt silver io will be available before Christmas.

Also a new version? First 100 will be available too. What does this mean? A different finish? A different design? 

I am hoping for a version without the sidebars. Or even a copper or black version. 

Mathmos usually release new colours with new lamps. So hopefully a new colour bottle too. I am hoping for blue pink as the new astro bottles are awesome. My coppers are waiting. 

Thank you Mathmos....

Views: 559

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I totally agree. I would like one in black tho, looks much better than the matt silver. And get rid of those hideous sidebars.

I would really like to see a BIG astro, like the grande but better quality and in that true iconic astro shape. And not the dumpy shape of the grande. I think that would be a quick winner for Mathmos. 

As for now Christmas has totally wiped me out yet again! 

I agree, it does look better in the black compared to the matt grey colour.  I really hate the sidebars though and the curved viewing screen area. Straight across base, with a removable straight across top would improve it no end, no side bars at all. One other thing that worries me is it looks as if it could easily be knocked over. OK there's screw holes, but I for one wouldn't want to ruin my floor screwing that down to it. 

We've always said why have Mathmos never made a big Astro, to us it's the obvious thing to make, given the Astro is so widely collected around the world. Another thing they should do is make different coloured bodies. That's what I love about the lamps I see that are collected in America, lots of different lamp base colours and patterns. Even just covering the basics would be a start, needs to include white and other neutrals for people who consider their house decor as well and not just the lamps.

One of the worst things for me is to see Mathmos not producing enough of special runs, then see those lamps being sold at often extortionate prices 2nd hand. If more were made in the first place I would have though it would be more profit for the makers???

Think this is sold out now (1st 100 special), black bodied version.

I checked as soon as I found out by the post above by Jezza, a couple of minutes later I received an email from Mathmos advertising them as available. The first 100 were already sold out at that point, tiny writing "sold out" under the wording under the first 100, confusing as customers putting the lamps in their basket may have thought they were getting one of the first 100. 

Yes you’re right, was rather confusing and I suspect there will be some disappointed folks when they discover their IO has no number..

Susan said:

I checked as soon as I found out by the post above by Jezza, a couple of minutes later I received an email from Mathmos advertising them as available. The first 100 were already sold out at that point, tiny writing "sold out" under the wording under the first 100, confusing as customers putting the lamps in their basket may have thought they were getting one of the first 100. 

I've just been back to take a look at their site, it's clear now, it says the 1st 100 has sold out and the headings regarding the special first 100 is gone. I was confused earlier, doesn't take much to confuse me lol

Just received an email from Mathmos, matt silver back in stock now

Don’t think my Black iO on order will be officially numbered when it arrives so I hereby number it as NUMBER 101 so I’ll have IO101!

I got two of the IO First100 in black. I'm unhappy with the colours as they're so dark a few inches from the bulb. Colour is Turquoise Blue. One came scratched, one has a leaking bottle cap. My Astrobaby is a lot nicer side by side.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2021   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service