Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

New Mathmos Astro Metallic 2016 - silver dusted glass bottle

Mathmos released a new Mathmos Astro with a silver dusted bottle.
Off it will look like completely made out of metal chrome, and switchted on you can see

the lava.

Views: 2101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice Kirk!!!

Gutted I didn't get one in time, I should have ordered ASAP hopefully they will make another batch.

This is going to have to be a lamp not to hang around with the ordering of.

More said to be in the works. Perhaps with even more perfect bottles Tim.

Hopefully, better bottles would be nice especially as they would be worth a lot more when they become discontinued (not that i would be buying as a investment only lamp as such)

Critter said:

More said to be in the works. Perhaps with even more perfect bottles Tim.

Yes, I really like them.

I'll replace the original 240V plugs with 120V US plugs.  Then, I'll use a socket converter to convert the E14 socket to GU10, so I can use GU10 120V 35W halogen mini bulbs.  It looks the E14 35W halogen bulbs aren't available in 120V.

With this approach, I can keep the original British wiring and on/off switch.

Erin said:

Whoa. Those are trippy. How easy are they to power in the US?

Sounds like "the Critter Method" Kirk! LOL. Congrats on the new lamps, they look great!

Exactly like the Critter Method! 

Critter said:

Sounds like "the Critter Method" Kirk! LOL. Congrats on the new lamps, they look great!

Congrats Kirk, nice photos.

I think I will re-box mine on twelfth night to be a Christmas lamp.

Kirk said:

Received mine, and I'm impressed with them.  Beautiful metallised glass - very minor imperfections on the blue globe.  The red globe is perfect.  I love the shimmering effect of the lava as it flows.  The light blue, turquoise is really pretty.

Gonna wrap mine up and then give it to me at Christmas...not long now!

I didn't even bother to re-wire the lamps.  I just bought a converter and a power strip from Amazon.  I can run four lamps on the power strip and converter.  

Erin said:

Whoa. Those are trippy. How easy are they to power in the US?

How about some more pictures...  I'm still trying to make up my mind.  I've got a copper Neo on the way, but am thinking I need one of these babies too...  (My husband's going to divorce me!)

What did it cost for one of these to be shipped to a US address via forward2me? anyone? would love a red one

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2019   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service