Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I wonder why nobody allready posted something about this?
Mathmos is revealing something new in the lava world in the next days and posted some teaser pictures on their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Mathmos

This are the Pictures, and I tried to build them together to get a feeling for how it will look like.

The bottle looks like an astro baby bottle.

Views: 1961

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I found a guy who ships to the US on ebay, just ordered one :) got the turquise and violet

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201698914137?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&a...

yep. great seller. i buy from him all the time

Looks like I want more than just a blow job for Christmas from the wife this year.

Ditto. Blow job from your wife too.

I deserve this.

Chow said:

Ditto. Blow job from your wife too.

Quite a refreshing style lamp, great to see. And the color combo of blue wax with purple liquid is also new, or at least not something i've seen before ! 

Damnit now i'll have to spend money on this too .. And i cant get one for xmas, as my wife gave me a Mathmos Cobber Astro last year for christmas, and she has told me that i aint getting another lava lamp for xmas :P

Jim might be lucky for christmas this year then

About the lamp - I really like the design of the base certantly something different and not just a slight change on as Astro or Jet base which is what has been expected of Mathmos in the past. Really glad they put the time into making something that they haven't done before. being able to screw the base down that is a good feature as it looks like it may be quite easy to knock over. 

I think it probably takes astobaby globes but am not too sure as they haven't put spare bottles for the lamp on there site. 

Its not too surprising Mathmos aiming the lamp at the children's market considering that they have made the jelly light and other 'toy' type lights. Weather people will buy it for kids is another matter I think its out of the price range. 

The colors are good especially liking the violet and turquoise and the yellow / orange - if they can be made for the standard globes that would be nice, would certantly buy globes in those colors.

Mathmos wrote, that the bottles are the same, but the neo bottle use a slightly different formula.
I think with testing some other manufactures light bulbs It can be possible to run the normal bottles on the neo.

And neo bottles should run at least with a dimmer on a normal astro baby.

Tim Gill said:

Jim might be lucky for christmas this year then

About the lamp - I really like the design of the base certantly something different and not just a slight change on as Astro or Jet base which is what has been expected of Mathmos in the past. Really glad they put the time into making something that they haven't done before. being able to screw the base down that is a good feature as it looks like it may be quite easy to knock over. 

I think it probably takes astobaby globes but am not too sure as they haven't put spare bottles for the lamp on there site. 

Its not too surprising Mathmos aiming the lamp at the children's market considering that they have made the jelly light and other 'toy' type lights. Weather people will buy it for kids is another matter I think its out of the price range. 

The colors are good especially liking the violet and turquoise and the yellow / orange - if they can be made for the standard globes that would be nice, would certantly buy globes in those colors.

Cheaper to use Forward2me, I think.

Dr. WHAT?! said:

I found a guy who ships to the US on ebay, just ordered one :) got the turquise and violet

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201698914137?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&a...

I don't know if I will order one or not... I kind of decided I liked the larger lamps more, but my biggest question is whether the power adaptor is more of the universal kind. It appears to be a typical DC supply that has different plug adaptors as well (UK and standard European). If the power supply is 110-240, then this could be the easiest Mathmos lava lamp to use in the US other than their Fireglow!

I would be interested to know the specifications on the power supply once someone gets this!

Chuck

A 20W switching power supply would be pretty expensive, so it's probably just a cheap 220V -> 12V AC converter. It should be easy enough to swap it with a 110V version, though.

I think I have good news for you US quys :-)
It is a 12V 20W power supply. AND INPUT is 100-240V ~50/50Hz
A UK and EU Plug included.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2020   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service