Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Spencers now has their new batch of neon lamps. The first one I bought I returned before I even left the mall because it was cloudy, but the second one was only very slightly cloudy. The lamp does clear up when running fortunately and the flow is also very active. It may not be like the 90's lamps with lots of stretchy blobs, but I feel that with the amount of activity in these lamps it is forgivable. I plan on picking up a neon yellow and a blue/red tonight. I will post photos of them in the next few days.

Base and cap: 7/10
Glass            10/10
Clarity:            9/10
Flow:              8/10
Color:            10/10

Base and cap: I don't care for this style of base, so my rating is because of personal preferences.

Glass: Very few bubbles, no noticeable flaws.

Clarity: Very close to being crystal clear. I am actually not bothered by the slight cloudiness, but it is a flaw.

Flow: It is not American flow, but it is enjoyable to watch.

Color: I love the neon series colors.

Views: 3059

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't take what I said the wrong way, the neons may be phased out before production makes it to the USA. It all depends on the market. All I know about the manufacturing date is that it is some time this year.

Matt said:

I will be picking up one of these Neons once they are filled in the U.S.  :D

I have 4 neons, one of the green and the purple and two yellow, and I am very impressed with all 4 they run great, the colors are a great pop and the globes are relatively free of flaws.  I have a couple pinprick spots in my green globe, but there are far more in the globe of my lime US made globe so I really do not expect perfecting in the glass itself.

Get lamps while you can, the thing is that production of lava lamps is not constant different models come out and others are phased out. As much as we would like many variations its not possible and is not done especially with the 'novelty' market that lava lamps are categorized in.

I love my purple neon, the colors on it are fantastic, and it is crystal clear and flows really good with lots of stretchy blobs, but the blobs never ever connect in to the top, ever, and that kind of drives me insane! I love my older lamps that connect to the top. It makes it more fun to watch. 

I have the Neon Green and it is beautiful!! I went to Spencer's today and picked up a purple one and will see how it looks later! Neither of my Spencer's has a yellow so I went to Spencer's online this evening and ordered 2 of the Neon Yellow lamps! One for work and one for home, I hope they come in clear! While online I also ordered a Grande since no one in my area carries them and they had a killer $4.99 flat rate shipping promo!!!
Attachments:

I'd be interested to know how the yellow lamps are when they arrive. The purple I ordered a while ago was kind of cloudy until I filtered it, but I was considering ordering a couple more to see if they've improved.

David said:

I have the Neon Green and it is beautiful!! I went to Spencer's today and picked up a purple one and will see how it looks later! Neither of my Spencer's has a yellow so I went to Spencer's online this evening and ordered 2 of the Neon Yellow lamps! One for work and one for home, I hope they come in clear! While online I also ordered a Grande since no one in my area carries them and they had a killer $4.99 flat rate shipping promo!!!
I too am curious to see how they arrive but since my local stores didn't have them and Spencer's will take them back locally for any reason if I'm not satisfied I figured it was worth a shot! I'll let you know how they turn out!

Alfred said:

I'd be interested to know how the yellow lamps are when they arrive. The purple I ordered a while ago was kind of cloudy until I filtered it, but I was considering ordering a couple more to see if they've improved.

David said:

I know what you mean.  Lots of my lamps from the 90's alternate between blobs and tornado-shaped flow, but the newer lamps rarely do it.

Ian said:

I love my purple neon, the colors on it are fantastic, and it is crystal clear and flows really good with lots of stretchy blobs, but the blobs never ever connect in to the top, ever, and that kind of drives me insane! I love my older lamps that connect to the top. It makes it more fun to watch. 

(Hi all--newbie here! Discovered the site yesterday and have been lurking for several hours now. Love this community!)
Would it be a good idea to snatch these up while they're available? All 3 are in stock online (you have to search for the purple one, it doesn't show up in the lava category). I was wanting to use that hundred bucks to purchase my first grande, but if the availability of these awesome neons may be more limited...I can hold out a little longer for my grande!

I sure like my yellow neon, too.  My purple is a little slow - stuck a 60w bulb in it to help with the break in.  Both are CRYSTAL clear.  I love the colors.  Can't find a green one YET.  :>)

Hi Matt, welcome to OozingGoo, home of Lava Enablers United, lol

It all comes down to personal choice.  If you get a good flowing Grande you will love it, and you will love these neon colors.  And we don't know how long these will be available.  That brings up an idea too, wouldn't it be great if they made Grandes in these neon colors?  Now THAT would be sweet!!

Matt said:

(Hi all--newbie here! Discovered the site yesterday and have been lurking for several hours now. Love this community!)
Would it be a good idea to snatch these up while they're available? All 3 are in stock online (you have to search for the purple one, it doesn't show up in the lava category). I was wanting to use that hundred bucks to purchase my first grande, but if the availability of these awesome neons may be more limited...I can hold out a little longer for my grande!

If they make a neon blue Grande, I'll buy it as soon as it's available. (Though I fully support making Grande's in all five neon colors.)

Keith said:

Hi Matt, welcome to OozingGoo, home of Lava Enablers United, lol

It all comes down to personal choice.  If you get a good flowing Grande you will love it, and you will love these neon colors.  And we don't know how long these will be available.  That brings up an idea too, wouldn't it be great if they made Grandes in these neon colors?  Now THAT would be sweet!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service