Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Voting is now open for a one day astro special filling. 

Colours are

Blue Yellow

Violet Green

Blue Orange

I am not on fbook so cannot vote, but am hoping for Violet Green. 

£90 for a complete lamp or £45 for just the bottle. 

Views: 664

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just thought I would bump this as a reminder that the one day bottle is running today, for anyone that is interested in buying. While there is the option of buying as a full lamp this time it seems you can only have it with the standard mirrored/chrome base.

I personally feel like the color that was chosen kind of sucks. It’s not really anything crazy. Especially for the price too!

I agree. There just is no imagination anymore. They are even reluctant to do white wax. How about purple wax? Melon or sky blue? Just something different to whet our tastebuds. Heck even a glitter bottle would be welcome, but no, so long as it's blue violet or yellow water with red, orange, green, pink, turquoise or blackplum wax. That's all you get. 

Let's go back to the 2000s when we had that marvellous but short run of metallic wax. For gods sake Mathmos put some imagination into it?

My blue/orange arrived this morning, and I have to admit it's not the most amazing of combinations

I've been fiddling with it in different settings.  I've decided that on a (matt) silver base with a light background it looks kinda crap, the orange just ends up looking like a dirty brown as it rises in the blue liquid.  When I switched it to my black base with a black wall behind it however, it improved - the orange still got darker as it rose of course, but it didn't look quite so much like a dirty brown, the orange remained more vibrant. I still can't say I'm the greatest of fans though.

I think overall I'm just not a fan of the warm coloured wax in a cold coloured liquid.  Maybe it will look better in the dark!

On the up side, I'm not seeing any sticking or debris in it, and the coils are where they should be, so that's good!

1. Got mine this morning too and I'm well happy putting next to the blue/blue I've seen the liquid isn't as dark as its normal so they tested this on this note the purple/green would look wicked but maybe in the future. 
    MonsoonStorm said:

My blue/orange arrived this morning, and I have to admit it's not the most amazing of combinations

I've been fiddling with it in different settings.  I've decided that on a (matt) silver base with a light background it looks kinda crap, the orange just ends up looking like a dirty brown as it rises in the blue liquid.  When I switched it to my black base with a black wall behind it however, it improved - the orange still got darker as it rose of course, but it didn't look quite so much like a dirty brown, the orange remained more vibrant. I still can't say I'm the greatest of fans though.

I think overall I'm just not a fan of the warm coloured wax in a cold coloured liquid.  Maybe it will look better in the dark!

On the up side, I'm not seeing any sticking or debris in it, and the coils are where they should be, so that's good!

My bottles arrived, sadly one is quite chipped so yet another return to deal with. The photo isn’t the chipped bottle mentioned.  The colour seems ok so far but it’s still daylight, I’ll report back when it’s dark, I do have all my lamps in front of a Hue backlit wall so I can adjust colours that’s way. 

Attachments:

Not amazed by the new colour but your right it does look better in a darkened room with a blue backlit wall.

john said:

1. Got mine this morning too and I'm well happy putting next to the blue/blue I've seen the liquid isn't as dark as its normal so they tested this on this note the purple/green would look wicked but maybe in the future. 
    MonsoonStorm said:

Can we get an update photo of it flowing?

Lava_Head_UK said:

Not amazed by the new colour but your right it does look better in a darkened room with a blue backlit wall.

john said:

MonsoonStorm said:

Sure here it is.

Attachments:

a picture of mine flowing in daylight, colors are fairly true to life.  It was just getting going at the time so it’s a bit lazy.

I love it. Although, I feel like the purple/green color way would’ve been a little nicer. Thanks for sharing :) 

Lava_Head_UK said:

Sure here it is.

What about photos of it at night?

MonsoonStorm said:

a picture of mine flowing in daylight, colors are fairly true to life.  It was just getting going at the time so it’s a bit lazy.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Mark Goo created this Ning Network.

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2021   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service