Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

new version of Mathmos' Telstar in matt black and copper

Mathmos announced a new version of the telstar, still one of the best designs of them, but this one is not convincing.

It looks like the millenium Telstar, but in matt black and copper.

Not my taste, and not worth 77 Pounds.

Views: 2151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for posting the news about it.  I really like it though. 

yeah love the color combo! too bad it'll be hard to get for us yanks :(

No crap right!  I would put one in my stable.

id wet meself if it was all copper :-( i like it but doubt i buy it

Of course it's only a matter of taste, but I dont like it  really, and I wish they would bring out something like this prototype, that's currently on Ebay:

A truely stunning Blue Crackle finished Unreleased Astro Baby Proto-type.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mathmos-Astro-Crackle-Baby-Blue-Lava-Lamp

the crackle paint effect used to be mine years ago came direct for ex mathmos worker i knew, there was a brownish version as well

Peter Panussi said:

Of course it's only a matter of taste, but I dont like it  really, and I wish they would bring out something like this prototype, that's currently on Ebay:

A truely stunning Blue Crackle finished Unreleased Astro Baby Proto-type.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mathmos-Astro-Crackle-Baby-Blue-Lava-Lamp

Not 'feeling' this one either, the black finish just seems to cheapen it, as mentioned an all-copper variant would have been much nicer or perhaps copper body with chrome legs (or vice versa) which would be a nice throwback to the early Telstars.

Personally, I like the black with the copper.  I don't like any of the globe color combinations with it though, they all throw the look off.  I think this would look really good with a copper metallic wax but I doubt if that will happen.

I can't say I'm a fan either. I did e-mail mathmos earlier in the year with this image as a suggestion; I would buy this in a heartbeat.

There's a copper fireflow??? is it the O1 or R1?

doddy said:

The thing is, it is listed as Matt Black, but it isnt. It has a gloss painted finish. Definitely not anodized, unless the one I saw was a prototype. And the copper legs are the same bright copper as the fireflow and the neo lamps.
A complete copper effect lamp would have been much nicer. The black is really ugly and makes the base of the lamp look fat. It also makes the cap look oversized.
And still no new colours. I agree none of the current range does anything for this lamp. Even the horrible clear plum looks ugly, when really it should have matched this lamp perfectly.
They are getting really lazy. I would have expected much more in the run up to the holiday season.

R1 only has copper variant. O1 model discontinued a few years back.

Dr. WHAT?! said:

There's a copper fireflow??? is it the O1 or R1?

doddy said:

The thing is, it is listed as Matt Black, but it isnt. It has a gloss painted finish. Definitely not anodized, unless the one I saw was a prototype. And the copper legs are the same bright copper as the fireflow and the neo lamps.
A complete copper effect lamp would have been much nicer. The black is really ugly and makes the base of the lamp look fat. It also makes the cap look oversized.
And still no new colours. I agree none of the current range does anything for this lamp. Even the horrible clear plum looks ugly, when really it should have matched this lamp perfectly.
They are getting really lazy. I would have expected much more in the run up to the holiday season.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service