Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I picked up one of the new LL Designer 52oz lamps after seeing them at Spencers. All the globes looked crystal clear but none of them were running when I seen them yesterday, today they had them running. They looked clear and were just starting to blob around. They also had the new colored 52oz designer bases but I did not think the finish was that great (rough) but thats just my opinion as is this review.

Out of the tube the lamp was perfect, dark color and crystal clear. The white/wine lamp comes with a black base with a very nice finish. So far after 3 hours or so it is running stiff but fine, it needs more time to break in still. I will post some more pics tonight after it has been running 8-10 hours.

Views: 1789

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Updated video of flow

The lamp has 45 hours run time on it at this point, it still flows slower but does have spurts of active running and never over heats.

I feel the exact same way! I know I'd be disappointed with the flow. I have a China LL (my only one) and it flows just like this. You can leave it on for days. But it's just not much to look at, movement-wise.

Art Vandelay said:
Well, kinda torn on this. At least it's clear and runs; it does have that boring China flow though. I guess 2 out of 3 isn't bad!
Has anyone tried a little more heat on the globe?  I run a 40 watt spot in my orange/black China lamp and the flow is quite good.

So, I was at Target recently, primarily because of Autumns picture (below) of the 32 oz. Designers... The only colors at my local Target were purple, red and yellow... curiosity got the best of me and I had to open a few, it was then I made an interesting discovery. The yellow designers are not metallic but a flat glossy yellow that looks almost identical to the original Elec-Triks, with the only differences being the holes in the base and the metal cap. I didn't snap a picture, but wondered if this was the only color they did like this and why....

So far, I have seen the green, red, purple and yellow out of the box and yellow is the only one in this finish. 

My Super Target as of last week didn't have any. 

Interesting about the yellow. Hmmm...

Autumn's picture made myself curious as well. But not about the lava lamps, I got the red designer lamp when they first came out and the globe sucked as usual so I'm staying away from those. But I ended up buying one of those red vortex glitters. Its not all that bad and very quite too. Just plug it in and it's goes.

I'm going to need you to post pics of that glitter Shawn. :)

Dr. WHAT?! said:

Autumn's picture made myself curious as well. But not about the lava lamps, I got the red designer lamp when they first came out and the globe sucked as usual so I'm staying away from those. But I ended up buying one of those red vortex glitters. Its not all that bad and very quite too. Just plug it in and it's goes.
No problem :) I'll take one soon.
And a video.

Dr. WHAT?! said:
No problem :) I'll take one soon.
Yeah I plan on setting up a youtube account and uploading vids this weekend. There's a few things I want to video like the metallic grande. It's hard to really see what goes on within the wax with just a picture.

holy crap... really looks great...

is that some light peeking out at the end of the tunnel??

None at my Bed, Bath and Beyond either.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service