Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Bought an Obama lava lamp from big lots about 4 years ago to piss of my republican friends

Worked great for a while-----but not anymore (lamp that is---it still pisses them off in a broken state)

After much reading ive figured out that my globe size is 32 oz    (its blue liquid with green wax)

it takes a 40watt bulb and the cradle is about 4.5 inches in diameter

Question is-------I want to buy a mathmos globe to put in there but they dont specifically list oz. sizes or diameters of the cradle 

Does anyone know which mathmos globe will best fit my lamp base

Gotta get this baby fired up for the election year

thanks in advance

Views: 384

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A mathmos globe will not fit on a 32oz base. 

A mathmos astro globe 'almost' fits on a century base. 

If you wanted, someone from the forum might have a 32oz american replacement globe for that lamp. 

Or you could bid on ebay. Look for globes with the white bottle caps. 

than you sir for the lightning quick response

i know nothing about lava lamps and will do as you suggest and look on ebay

what do you mean by american replacement globe exactly?

is that what i should search for on ebay?

thanks for the help

E J, do mind if I call you that?  You are looking for a certain type of pop cap http://oozinggoo.ning.com/page/lamp-age  those are the caps through the ages, you want the white ones with the code printed on them not the silver ones or the kind with the sticker.  If you have any you are not sure of feel free to catch me in the chat or send me a private message and I will be glad to help.

Gwen

That is too funny. An Obama lamp that worked great for a while, but broke in the first four years. HAHAHA!!!

Yea, where is the proof its usa made, we need to see the provenance.

Mattmos said:

That is too funny. An Obama lamp that worked great for a while, but broke in the first four years. HAHAHA!!!

I believe the Obama lamps were made in Hawaii. LOL.

I had heard Kenya myself.

Mattmos said:

I believe the Obama lamps were made in Hawaii. LOL.

Wherever our President's are from, I just hope they can deal with Big Oil, and lower our gas prices so we can buy more lava lamps.

Oho the ironey, it wouldent even surprise me if they were made in China.

If you really want Mathmos then you could get a replacment bottle when they are in the US and do a fluid trandsfer but the lava lite US formular is really the same as the Mathmos one.

"the lava lite US formula is really the same as the Mathmos one."

I disagree here. They are close, but from what I remember, the Mathmos forumula is better at snake rising then lava lite.

Each has a personality.

I thought that Hagerty Enterprises did a deal with craven walker back in the 60/70's and brought the paitaint rights to make it in the US so yea the lava world US formualar is based / verry simmler to the Mathmos formular beceuse of this.

WeeboTech said:

"the lava lite US formula is really the same as the Mathmos one."

I disagree here. They are close, but from what I remember, the Mathmos forumula is better at snake rising then lava lite.

Each has a personality.

I'm sure they diverged over the years. 

Seeing them side by side reveals slightly different personalities.

Opening them up, smelling them, feeling them and tasting them reveals slight differences.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service