Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

THANKS, OOZING GOO FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND INTEREST OVER THE YEARS!

Mandatory post update is MANDATORY.

In addition to the modded lamps that I have been selling, I will soon be offering slow glitter in LOOSE form (not contained in one of my lamps)! A lot of you have been asking for a long time now. The glitter contained in that liquid can be ANY shape you choose, and many colors, including prismatic!

But for right now, you can design your perfect lamp in lava or glitter, at the following rates:

$40 per regular glitter

$45 for replacement color glitter

$50 for lava

$55 for Custom cut glitter in any shape

Post here or in a PM (you'll need to send me a friend invite first) with your color choices. Please also state whether you want a lava lamp or a glitter lamp. I also now offer replacement glitter in 14 colors! There is an additional charge of $5 per lamp for that, but the custom color combinations are almost limitless.

ALSO...I am finally taking orders for custom cut glitter! I can also do cut glitter in virtually ANY SHAPE, so let me know if you want something special! Higher rates apply if you need me to render your design from scratch, but not by much.

- I will make a mockup of the lamp that you requested if you would like, so that you can see it. Then, we'll both be sure we're on the same page, as far as what you want.

- This will be on a first-come, first-served basis, but orders requiring anodizing will have to be skipped temporarily. I hope to be able to mod several lamps in a day, so don't despair too much if you are down pretty far on the list!

- I have a set list of paint colors, but if you really want a color that is not listed, just tell me what color you want, whether you want matte, gloss, satin, metallic, satin, or fleckstone paint...I'll see if I can find it. I know that matte and metallic colors are harder to find in variety though, so be aware of that. I can also seal your glossy lamp with a matte sealer, if you like.

- Once you have made your final decisions, you can send payments to my paypal address. I will then begin work immediately on your order,

Please note - I STILL am not currently equipped to handle anodizing...only unpainted silver bases, and painted ones until then. If you want metallic blue, red, grey, gold, silver, bronze, amber, or black, and do not want to wait, I have metallic paint in those colors. Just state your desires in your post. :)

This order is a statement that you intend to buy, but I'm not a nazi. I understand that life sometimes throws curve balls at us all. Only, if you have to cancel, please do it as soon as you can, to decrease the chances that I've made your order already!

Well here are the color choices, once again!

BASE COLORS:

- Red

- Strawberry

- Orange

- Yellow

- Lime

- Green

- Kelly Green

- Sky Blue

- Blue

- Royal Blue

- Purple

- Violet

- Fuscia

- Hot Pink

- Ballet Pink

- Gold

- Silver

- Copper

- Black

- White

- Metallic Red

- Metallic Amber

- Metallic Gold

- Metallic Silver

- Metallic Bronze

- Metallic Black

- Metallic Grey

LAVA COLORS:

- Red

- Orange

- Yellow

- Green

- Mint

- Kelly Green

- Aqua

- Sky Blue

- Blue

- Deep Blue

- Purple

- Lavender

- Violet

- Pink

- Pale Pink

- White

LIQUID COLORS:

- Clear

- Red

- Orange

- Yellow

- Mint

- Green

- Aqua

- Sky Blue

- Blue

- Purple

- Lavender

- Violet

- Pink

GLITTER COLORS:

- Red

- Orange

- Yellow (gold)

- Lime Green

- Emerald Green

- Teal

- Blue

- Indigo

- Purple

- Violet

- Fuscia

- Pink

- Bronze

- Silver

- Black

MINI GLITTER PATTERNS:

SMALL GLITTER PATTERNS:

Views: 12704

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Alright! Got it...orange everything. :p

Anodizing basically makes the aluminum porous, so that dyes can be introduced into them. Then the metal and dye are sealed, and the resulting aluminum is now much stronger and harder than it was. Have you ever seen a MagLite? Those are often anodized in blue or red, and look like they are covered in foil. That's basically what you'd get...shiny metal that was now whatever color you wanted. I'm not sure if a clearcoat would even be necessary, but if you want that I will provide it for you. :)

Thanks for explaining that.  Sure, the clearcoat would be nice, the stronger and shinier the better, it can't hurt.  Bet it's going to be beautiful.  Any idea of a time frame as to when you will be able to anodize, etc.?  I'm in no hurry at all, just would like to know a rough estimate as to when they'd be ready.  Two, three months, more, less?  Not a problem.

Well, I think I can say that I will be ready to anodize in about a month? I still have to order a few more things, and find out 1 or 2 more things, but I'm really close, I think!

Oh, and here are the previews for Erin:

...Carlos:

...And Derek!

I'm really glad to be able to offer these previews, but in spite of the work that I put into them, they just don't do these lamps justice.

Nice color choices!

Proceed! I love it. 

Mine's good to go!

I would like you to anodize a starship and a wizard for me at some point. How much will you charge to anodize a lamp?

I'm trying to measure to compare this size lamp with another one I have.  How wide is it?  I know you said it's 15 inches high but I don't recall the width.  Thank you.

Autumn - Unfortunately, I had to size down my anodizing tank, because the power supply I'd need for that many gallons was like $1,500. @_@ The tank I'm going to use is just barely big enough to do 2 pieces (1 of these lamps) at a time. I might have enough room for the wizard, but probably not for the starship. :( How big is the starship? Also, be sure that the bases are 100% aluminum...if they are an alloy, anodizing might not make the bases look very good. They won't be ruined, they can still have the anodizing removed and resealed to original, but 100% aluminum is optimal.

GT - Here is a picture I took of one of these lamps next to a comparably sized (32oz) LavaLite midnight:

The midnight is a little over 16 inches, and my lamps are just under 15. The diameter of the main body of the lamp is 2 3/4 inches, and the foot is about 4 inches across. The cap is 2 inches tall, the viewing window is 7 1/2 inches, and the base is 5 1/2 inches tall.

The starship can be disassembled and is no larger than a midnight base at that point. However I think the older lamps are made out of steel. I will have to find out what they are made out of.

Mark Hand said:

Autumn - Unfortunately, I had to size down my anodizing tank, because the power supply I'd need for that many gallons was like $1,500. @_@ The tank I'm going to use is just barely big enough to do 2 pieces (1 of these lamps) at a time. I might have enough room for the wizard, but probably not for the starship. :( How big is the starship? Also, be sure that the bases are 100% aluminum...if they are an alloy, anodizing might not make the bases look very good. They won't be ruined, they can still have the anodizing removed and resealed to original, but 100% aluminum is optimal.

GT - Here is a picture I took of one of these lamps next to a comparably sized (32oz) LavaLite midnight:

The midnight is a little over 16 inches, and my lamps are just under 15. The diameter of the main body of the lamp is 2 3/4 inches, and the foot is about 4 inches across. The cap is 2 inches tall, the viewing window is 7 1/2 inches, and the base is 5 1/2 inches tall.

Excellent!  Great idea - answers any and all questions regarding the size.  I like these so much I'm really tempted to order a lava lamp too......

Oh and not to confuse you but I shortened my name on here, easier. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service