Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

THANKS, OOZING GOO FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND INTEREST OVER THE YEARS!

Mandatory post update is MANDATORY.

In addition to the modded lamps that I have been selling, I will soon be offering slow glitter in LOOSE form (not contained in one of my lamps)! A lot of you have been asking for a long time now. The glitter contained in that liquid can be ANY shape you choose, and many colors, including prismatic!

But for right now, you can design your perfect lamp in lava or glitter, at the following rates:

$40 per regular glitter

$45 for replacement color glitter

$50 for lava

$55 for Custom cut glitter in any shape

Post here or in a PM (you'll need to send me a friend invite first) with your color choices. Please also state whether you want a lava lamp or a glitter lamp. I also now offer replacement glitter in 14 colors! There is an additional charge of $5 per lamp for that, but the custom color combinations are almost limitless.

ALSO...I am finally taking orders for custom cut glitter! I can also do cut glitter in virtually ANY SHAPE, so let me know if you want something special! Higher rates apply if you need me to render your design from scratch, but not by much.

- I will make a mockup of the lamp that you requested if you would like, so that you can see it. Then, we'll both be sure we're on the same page, as far as what you want.

- This will be on a first-come, first-served basis, but orders requiring anodizing will have to be skipped temporarily. I hope to be able to mod several lamps in a day, so don't despair too much if you are down pretty far on the list!

- I have a set list of paint colors, but if you really want a color that is not listed, just tell me what color you want, whether you want matte, gloss, satin, metallic, satin, or fleckstone paint...I'll see if I can find it. I know that matte and metallic colors are harder to find in variety though, so be aware of that. I can also seal your glossy lamp with a matte sealer, if you like.

- Once you have made your final decisions, you can send payments to my paypal address. I will then begin work immediately on your order,

Please note - I STILL am not currently equipped to handle anodizing...only unpainted silver bases, and painted ones until then. If you want metallic blue, red, grey, gold, silver, bronze, amber, or black, and do not want to wait, I have metallic paint in those colors. Just state your desires in your post. :)

This order is a statement that you intend to buy, but I'm not a nazi. I understand that life sometimes throws curve balls at us all. Only, if you have to cancel, please do it as soon as you can, to decrease the chances that I've made your order already!

Well here are the color choices, once again!

BASE COLORS:

- Red

- Strawberry

- Orange

- Yellow

- Lime

- Green

- Kelly Green

- Sky Blue

- Blue

- Royal Blue

- Purple

- Violet

- Fuscia

- Hot Pink

- Ballet Pink

- Gold

- Silver

- Copper

- Black

- White

- Metallic Red

- Metallic Amber

- Metallic Gold

- Metallic Silver

- Metallic Bronze

- Metallic Black

- Metallic Grey

LAVA COLORS:

- Red

- Orange

- Yellow

- Green

- Mint

- Kelly Green

- Aqua

- Sky Blue

- Blue

- Deep Blue

- Purple

- Lavender

- Violet

- Pink

- Pale Pink

- White

LIQUID COLORS:

- Clear

- Red

- Orange

- Yellow

- Mint

- Green

- Aqua

- Sky Blue

- Blue

- Purple

- Lavender

- Violet

- Pink

GLITTER COLORS:

- Red

- Orange

- Yellow (gold)

- Lime Green

- Emerald Green

- Teal

- Blue

- Indigo

- Purple

- Violet

- Fuscia

- Pink

- Bronze

- Silver

- Black

MINI GLITTER PATTERNS:

SMALL GLITTER PATTERNS:

Views: 12704

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you, and I'm sorry that you had to go through that. Be glad that you were able to find a job that, while demanding, allowed you the freedom to do what you needed to for your mom, who wasn't on anybody's schedule but hers. I would have much rather had a regular fulltime job. I did have a couple of them, but I couldn't keep them. I kept having to call in because of my dad, and eventually it turned into a "quit or be fired" scenario. I was always yelled at for not scheduling things in advance, but you can't do that when your parent goes into the hospital suddenly, has dementia, and needs to be looked after 24/7. My self-esteem has suffered tremendously from my lack of reliable income, and it wouldn't have been nearly as bad if I could have maintained a regular job.

I so agree with you about the effects of losing someone, and that's a good way of putting it. When my mom died, I learned that you never really get over it, but you do get past it. It changes you...there is always something missing. You move on with your life, but you are never the same. At the same time, when I'm dreaming, and my mom is there, I'm just like "Oh yeah, there's my mom." ...like it's nothing. It's like part of me has never really said goodbye to her, even though she died in 2003.

Carol said:

Oh Loren, I am so, so sorry for your loss.  I lost my mom 2 years ago and I also was her caregiver, bill payer, you name it, I did it for her.  I also held down a Very demanding job also, was going through menopause and yes, almost had a nervous breakdown from everything going on.  They say time heals all wounds.  I don't believe this 100 percent, but I do think that it gets easier to remember without the hurt, albeit it doesn't ever heal.  I always miss the loved ones that I lost, but we retrain ourselves on how to live without them being physically in our lives, now you have to learn how to live with him being with you spiritually.  They never truly go away as long as we keep them in our minds and our hearts they will always be with us....I still talk to my mom when things get tough and when i'm excited about things...she listens, and I know it sounds crazy, but sometimes I will get a sign as to which path to lead and I know it's from her......

Take your time and remember.....your dad will always be with you....

Thank you, and though I'm grateful for the response, I'm actually a bit sorry that I chose my official order thread to say these things. I'm not thinking very clearly. I haven't allowed myself to look forward to this time, and now it's here, and my brain doesn't work quite right again yet. :-/ I'm also sorry that I drifted so far into "feeling sorry for myself" territory. Again, the only reason why I did was because I had come out on the other side of it, and I guess I won't feel too bad for being honest about how I felt at that time.

Brad said:

loren - very sorry to hear about your loss.  thanks for telling us your story.

And thanks to you also, x2! I would still love to make that lamp for you, because quite frankly the ticket's been posted on the board in my shop for months now, and I'm sick of looking at it! LOL! I kid, I kid... I totally understand, just please keep me in the loop!

Miss Chi V. Us (Kim S) said:

Loren, I am so sorry for your loss! I think you do beautiful work! I still want to get the Peace, Love, Happiness glitter lamp that you designed for me. I am just hoping to wait until we get our house in order and I can actually go through my 100 or so glitter, lava, and plasma lamps and display them instead of just having them stored.
Peace!
Kim
Lol! I will. Keep you in the loop. I had major hand surgery on my right hand about 2 months ago. I had trigger finger release on all 5 fingers and release on a compression in my wrist. As soon as it is fully healed (hopefully in a month...but is still swollen and angry right now ) I am having an even bigger surgery on my left hand. So it may be a while.
PEACE!

Loren said:

Thank you, and I'm sorry that you had to go through that. Be glad that you were able to find a job that, while demanding, allowed you the freedom to do what you needed to for your mom, who wasn't on anybody's schedule but hers. I would have much rather had a regular fulltime job. I did have a couple of them, but I couldn't keep them. I kept having to call in because of my dad, and eventually it turned into a "quit or be fired" scenario. I was always yelled at for not scheduling things in advance, but you can't do that when your parent goes into the hospital suddenly, has dementia, and needs to be looked after 24/7. My self-esteem has suffered tremendously from my lack of reliable income, and it wouldn't have been nearly as bad if I could have maintained a regular job.

I so agree with you about the effects of losing someone, and that's a good way of putting it. When my mom died, I learned that you never really get over it, but you do get past it. It changes you...there is always something missing. You move on with your life, but you are never the same. At the same time, when I'm dreaming, and my mom is there, I'm just like "Oh yeah, there's my mom." ...like it's nothing. It's like part of me has never really said goodbye to her, even though she died in 2003.

Carol said:

Oh Loren, I am so, so sorry for your loss.  I lost my mom 2 years ago and I also was her caregiver, bill payer, you name it, I did it for her.  I also held down a Very demanding job also, was going through menopause and yes, almost had a nervous breakdown from everything going on.  They say time heals all wounds.  I don't believe this 100 percent, but I do think that it gets easier to remember without the hurt, albeit it doesn't ever heal.  I always miss the loved ones that I lost, but we retrain ourselves on how to live without them being physically in our lives, now you have to learn how to live with him being with you spiritually.  They never truly go away as long as we keep them in our minds and our hearts they will always be with us....I still talk to my mom when things get tough and when i'm excited about things...she listens, and I know it sounds crazy, but sometimes I will get a sign as to which path to lead and I know it's from her......

Take your time and remember.....your dad will always be with you....

Thank you, and though I'm grateful for the response, I'm actually a bit sorry that I chose my official order thread to say these things. I'm not thinking very clearly. I haven't allowed myself to look forward to this time, and now it's here, and my brain doesn't work quite right again yet. :-/ I'm also sorry that I drifted so far into "feeling sorry for myself" territory. Again, the only reason why I did was because I had come out on the other side of it, and I guess I won't feel too bad for being honest about how I felt at that time.

Brad said:

loren - very sorry to hear about your loss.  thanks for telling us your story.

And thanks to you also, x2! I would still love to make that lamp for you, because quite frankly the ticket's been posted on the board in my shop for months now, and I'm sick of looking at it! LOL! I kid, I kid... I totally understand, just please keep me in the loop!

Loren, I am so sorry for your loss! I think you do beautiful work! I still want to get the Peace, Love, Happiness glitter lamp that you designed for me. I am just hoping to wait until we get our house in order and I can actually go through my 100 or so glitter, lava, and plasma lamps and display them instead of just having them stored.
Peace!
Kim

Hopefully I will have one left!

...So it may be a while.
PEACE!

Loren, I did end up losing my job but it was a good thing....my boss was a nutjob, literally!!!  After mom passed and all that I was going through, I kind of zoned out on the job!!  I could have went back, but the disrespect that I was getting from my boss instead of her having "my back" after 25 years of service on and off led me on to bigger and better things.  Now I don't have to kiss anybody's butt like I had to kiss hers. 

And listen, don't ever beat yourself up about the "feeling sorry for yourself".  There are a lot of different stages of grief and they can all be different for different folks Loren.  Not everyone handles it the same.  That's why there are grief counselors.  There are even grief counselors for the loss of a beloved pet.  So you see, it is something that we all go through in our own way and our own time......you can do you now but you still have to go through the stages of the grief and the healing.....you will come out okay in time.......it takes time....

Thank you for that, Carol! And sorry I'm just now seeing your response!

And I got a new order! This one is for analoghaze. :)

It's a custom prismatic glitter cut into Grateful Dead lightning bolts, in blue fluid, with a metallic red base. The glitter part is finished!

Are you still making lamps, Loren?

Hi there! It has definitely been a while since I cracked the door to my workshop due to a LOT of issues, but I do have some lamps left!

I can no longer do lava because my source for that no longer exists, but I can still do glitters!

I will have to confirm whether my cutting setup still works for custom cut glitter, but at the bare minimum I should still be able to make colored liquid with silver/replacement hexagonal glitter.

Were you looking to have a lamp made?

Vashell said:

I am!  I’ll PM you.

Loren said:

Hi there! It has definitely been a while since I cracked the door to my workshop due to a LOT of issues, but I do have some lamps left!

I can no longer do lava because my source for that no longer exists, but I can still do glitters!

I will have to confirm whether my cutting setup still works for custom cut glitter, but at the bare minimum I should still be able to make colored liquid with silver/replacement hexagonal glitter.

Were you looking to have a lamp made?

Vashell said:

Just to let people know, rather than trying to sell/mod these few remaining lamps that I have, I've decided to save them back to refurb lamps that I've already sold, whenever possible.

Unfortunately I no longer have access to MT goo, so I likely can't refurb lavas. :( However if your issue was my old sealing method, or a need for new clear/colored fluid, I can likely solve those issues for you.

Although I tried my best to test all colors of glitter that I used, there were 1-2 which eluded my tests, because I ran tests based on my own habits - I NEVER run lamps longer than 5-6 hours at a time. I never had issues running at those lengths of time. It was only when I fell asleep with a test lamp running, and woke up to pink liquid, that I realized some colors were not as "colorfast" as others were, and that was likely going to be causing issues for my customers.

If you purchased a rainbow glitter from me, and you had issues with the liquid becoming discolored, I can fix your lamp for you. We can either take our chances on more colored glitter, or I have prismatic glitter I can put in there for you.

I will not charge for this, but I can't pay for shipping.

If your problem was with the globe or base/cap we might still be able to work something out, just let me know!

I want to make sure that people are still happy with the lamps they purchased from me!

Thank you!

Oh, and I am also taking new orders for complete modded lamps, for a very limited time if anyone is interested!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service