Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Who knows, maybe.  Anyways - I know Chow for one has had hunger pangs ever since he heard about the wonderful concoction known as Manicotti Hotdogs.  I have made these for a vegetarian friend who likes to call them "ManiDogs".  Do NOT make these with "Quorn" dogs (freaky compressed mushroom "meat") - they suck.  Use high quality kosher dogs.  Tell your vegetarian friends to go eat some dandelions.

Ingredients - dozen hot dogs, tub of cottage cheese, basil to taste, oregano to taste, 1 egg, bread crumbs, dozen manicotti noodles, jar of spaghetti sauce, pound of shredded mozzarella (see below).

Bring large pot of water to boil.  When ready, drop in the noodles and cook according to directions.  Cook all the noddles in the box - a couple will undoubtedly split while cooking.

Meanwhile, butterfly a dozen hotdogs without slicing your hand open.   Mix the cottage cheese, basil, oregano and egg.  Add bread crumbs to thicken mixture.  Stuff hotdogs with mixture and then slide stuffed dog into manicotti noddle. 

Arrange enrobed stuffed doggies in 9 X 13 cake pan - two rows of six.  Dump the jar of spaghetti sauce over the whole hot mess.  Then top with a pound of shredded mozzarella.  Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30  minutes.  Remove foil and cook 15 minutes longer.  Advanced move - crank the broiler at the end to get that perfect golden finish to the cheese.

Views: 465

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dude, those cookie jars in the background would make some nice lava lamps.
I would be a dead man, especially with that monkey.  I do have the McCoy smiley face cookie jar which I will convert, but my others are far too valuable.  Cookie Monster is someone else's dust magnet now.  He was pruned from the collection and sold off for a five bucks.
That is a maine coon, isn't it!!!!!!!
I didnt see the cat until I looked at the picture a 3rd time.
I bet he would make some nice Hors d'oeuvres. <grin>

He is indeed a Maine Coon and goes by the name of Thumper.  Hands down one of the zaniest, bat ass craziest cats I ever met.  Wrestles with our Golden Retriever and puts both of our "retrievers" to shame when it comes to fetching.  Knows his name perfectly well and is a bit of a brute - but he's my brute so I adore him.  He has only tried to destroy one lava lamp so far, a green Elek-Trick, but luckily it landed on carpeting.  His reaction to what I considered a very bad deed follows...

Funny - I showed him your pic Weebs and he said exactly the same thing about you.  ;-)

WeeboTech said:
Ahh. the Jim I know and the sense of humor I love.

Jim said:
Funny - I showed him your pic Weebs and he said exactly the same thing about you.  ;-)

WeeboTech said:
He looks like he is laughing his ass off at you, Jim!!!!  Jim where did you get Thumper?  Would it surprise you one bit to find out that I am in the market for a Maine Coon?????  I have two cats right now...Amber and Magik...Amber is the brown one and Magik is the black one.  They are both pretty old and I am expecting that they may have a few more years left, but not many.  And recently I have been saying to myself...Yanno what I want?  I want a Maine Coon.  A REALLY big Maine Coon.
Attachments:

Hey guys, what about starting another thread with your pet pics, Would love to see and read about them.

When I seem them in this thread all I think of is meeeeett. 

We had a Maine Coon that looked just like that. She's been gone 10 years now, but we had 14 good years with her.

So is this a Giant MC or a not-so-giant one?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2020   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service