Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

So I thought... We have a great music thread, random topic thread and various lava/glitter/fiber/rain/plasma/wave/motion image threads. I think we need one to support general photography, unique images and moving pictures (e.g. gifs and other things that move). Maybe it will be a quiet thread maybe it will get rowdy. I could be talking to myself here! Post images that move you, excite you, make you laugh maybe even cry! Express with imagery!

Views: 14287

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay...computers and I are on good terms again, I love you chkdsk /r...

If slinkys were made in the same China factories as Lava Lamps;

Oblivion;

(I loved the movie )

I loved Oblivion too Keith! When he first rebooted that downed monitor I said...must build/find/open Kickstarter to fund one of these things to mow my lawn with plasma cannons!

and I mean, nothing more menacing than a faceless drone monitor investigating home intrusion for you!

Another good edge of your seater sci-fi is Pandorum, not sure if you have seen it.

District 9 was an emotional flick, Wickus....

and while kinda sci-fi but more fantasy I LOVE Stephen Chow. Kung Fu Hustle almost made my heart stop from awesomness...THE WHOLE TIME! Dat lap guitar scene!

(his movie CJ7 is really cool too, kids would like it but they also need to read fairly quick ;) and it touches heavy on emotions and human behavior, can get pretty sad at times, watch/review with caution)

I figured some of the contributors to this thread may find this interesting.

OTTO the Animated GIF Taking Camera

That is a pretty cool camera Kickstarter!! Awesome that it cuts out the need for image editing software to make the files

My phone takes these picture files named 'Zoe', they turn out to be animated GIF files but it is limited to like 3 seconds I believe. This may need my backings...

Hear is one of my cyber goth selfies and more surprisingly its not a gif

That is a badass outfit Tim! I bet that getup lights up like the sun under black light! I love that blue mesh that wraps around the filters. Would be really cool if you embeded little fogger devices in those filters along side a dim green LED illumination so it slowly emits an eerie green fog from the screening. Kind of like reversing the purpose of the mask, almost as if the mask is in place to contain a specific atmosphere that your character requires.

I have a pretty sweet NOS full face Soviet era breather as well as an WWII bomber mask with two hoses that connect into a carbon canister filter that goes behind your head, resting on your neck (even has the little cotton socks that go over the eye lenses until used). I need to acquire a canister for the mask as it is incomplete but menacing as all hell.

I have an odd affinity for gas masks, there is a dark sexyness to them. I think it is because it shrouds the face, giving the person a mechanized appearance while leaving the eyes unobstructed. Leaving a natural component to an otherwise industrial and unnatural coating.

Psycho Mantis would be an interesting individual if he were real, HAHA!

VOXul said:

Where did you get this amazing image.  Is this a motion lamp or video scene.  It looks like a motion lamp.  AWESOME!  Made my day. Thank you.

Those are really cool for sure!  I had found a set of them a little while back while wandering image boards. They seem to be found under the name 'Pixel Art' or 'Animated Pixel Art' in the case of the posted animation. A Google image search of those terms, set to find animated results, will take you on a ride to various sites that have either ripped them from the 8-bit era or artists that create them.  There are some cool ones out there! 

Joseph said:

VOXul said:

Where did you get this amazing image.  Is this a motion lamp or video scene.  It looks like a motion lamp.  AWESOME!  Made my day. Thank you.

I apologize if any of these have already been posted.

And some more....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service