Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hi everybody :)

At this time i am planing to get a Colossus Lavalamp from England to Germany.

Its very hard to get one to Germany, but i hope i will be successfull.

There are only two colors available.

Pink/Purple

Red/clear

Does anybody have a picture of a Pink/purple one?

I dont know which color i should get.

Views: 1543

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I also very much want to get my hands on a colossus, either new or used.  Heck I would buy just the globe and stand and Goo Kit the thing myself. . .
Can anybody give me the dimensions of the pallet with the two packages of the colossus ?
Yes

Richard said:
Are you ordering the colossus from a UK supplier Marcel ?

Marcel said:
Can anybody give me the dimensions of the pallet with the two packages of the colossus ?

I only have measuerments in inches a pallet is 48x40 inches flat and 4 into 5 inches tall. The globe portion comes in a box that is 17x17x37 inches. the base comes in a box 17x17x27 inches. only 1 lamp usually per pallet. Don't forget the glass table!
 here's an exaple of dye leak from my red giant lava lamp. But run the heck out of this one daily. Some people don't like it but I don't mind so much.

Marcel said:

I have no problem with the dye leak. Actually i like it :) Clear water is boring :D

Thanks for the pallet dimensions :) You dont have a photo of the pallet with boxes?

Do you think it is possible to transport the bottle box without a pallet on the side in a truck? How well is it packed?

A Glass table i dont need. I would kill everybody who would lay something on this table :D

You personally maybe the freight, company absolutely not. It should remain in the upright position.. I have placed one of mine on the back seat of my car laying on it's side. but at an angle so the top stayed up as much as possible. only to get it home from the freight company.

What do you mean with this sentence? "You personally maybe the freight, company absolutely not"

If i would transport it in my car, i would do the same i think. So you wont ship it on the side?

Do you think the cap will leak water?

matt01165 said:

You personally maybe the freight, company absolutely not. It should remain in the upright position.. I have placed one of mine on the back seat of my car laying on it's side. but at an angle so the top stayed up as much as possible. only to get it home from the freight company.
It will get shaken once it's off the pallet..  I would insist the freight company keep it on the pallet in the upright position to avoid clouding up. Like the one in the picture I posted. It was taken off the pallet by the freight company to stuff it into their truck, probably place on it's side, and subsequently ruined. when in the upright postion the fluid may swish around but it is not doing this near the wax  that is at the bottom.. On it's side the the fluid will swish around up agianst the goo and cloud up the lamp. It is not supposed to leak but I would not what to find out the hard way!
A cloudy lamp can be filterpumped ;)

matt01165 said:
It will get shaken once it's off the pallet..  I would insist the freight company keep it on the pallet in the upright position to avoid clouding up. Like the one in the picture I posted. It was taken off the pallet by the freight company to stuff it into their truck, probably place on it's side, and subsequently ruined. when in the upright postion the fluid may swish around but it is not doing this near the wax  that is at the bottom.. On it's side the the fluid will swish around up agianst the goo and cloud up the lamp. It is not supposed to leak but I would not what to find out the hard way!
I will probably get a goo kit for mine.

Doenst care about that... for a colossus i would filter pump it a week long.

I wanted a colossus since i saw this lamp.

Richard said:

You will be there all day doing a colossus !!!

Yeees, i got a nice shipping offer :) 190 Euro for the shipping on pallet.

Can anybody tell me if the packages are well strapped on the pallet?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2020   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service