Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hi everybody :)

At this time i am planing to get a Colossus Lavalamp from England to Germany.

Its very hard to get one to Germany, but i hope i will be successfull.

There are only two colors available.

Pink/Purple

Red/clear

Does anybody have a picture of a Pink/purple one?

I dont know which color i should get.

Views: 1543

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Will do this. But not very easy. I am waiting two days now for the answer of the company.

With the shipping everything is perfect now.. grrrr WHY DOESNT THEY ANSWER!? :(

James Reiche said:

When things are shipped on a pallet, they are usually wrapped in some kind of plastic wrap that keeps everything secure.
This is how I received my Colossus, but that does not mean you will receive yours the same way.
You should ask whomever you made the purchase from.

No they doesnt have the money ;)

I only want to know the next steps for my purchase... Some persons on the earth simply dont want to earn money *G*

I got an answer :)

They will send me an invoice. Hope everything is working well. My carrier is very fast. Maybe i will have my Colossus next week :)

Yes i will take photos while the truck drives in my road :)

Does anybody have the diameter of the bottom of the base for me ? So i can build a stool while i am waiting :)

I can understand, that they will not manufacturing the colossus again.

The big lavalamp boom is really gone.

I think that they have to sell them for 499$ to get some of them sold. They will not be able to sell this lamp for 1000$.

Its a shame. Its such a cool lamp. It was my dream lamp all the years. If i would have the choice: Mathmos Monster or Colossus i am not sure which one i would take. The Shape of the colossus is just beautifull :)

i do not know why they would go through all the trouble of redoing the bases for the BR-40 bulbs and restocking lightbulbs and not start selling them again. I think they are just going to wait until next year because they are a seasonal item. i mean they just got the new bulbs recently.
Can you tell me how war the bulb have to sit away from the glass bottomso that i am not risk that the bottle cracks?

matt01165 said:
i do not know why they would go through all the trouble of redoing the bases for the BR-40 bulbs and restocking lightbulbs and not start selling them again. I think they are just going to wait until next year because they are a seasonal item. i mean they just got the new bulbs recently.

I found this facebook fanpage. There are some photos. I think the pallet photos are the photos from lavacave?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=97754457765&v=photos

I hope the boxes are strappd to the pallet and not like this shown on the photo?

Where did you get this information?

Jim said:
They come back and try to clear them out at $499 - I just may have to get a couple.

Marcel said:

I can understand, that they will not manufacturing the colossus again.

The big lavalamp boom is really gone.

I think that they have to sell them for 499$ to get some of them sold. They will not be able to sell this lamp for 1000$.

Its a shame. Its such a cool lamp. It was my dream lamp all the years. If i would have the choice: Mathmos Monster or Colossus i am not sure which one i would take. The Shape of the colossus is just beautifull :)

Is there no onlineshop in the USA with some Colossus lamps in stock?

It is kind of difficult o explane the location of the bulb for best flow  but I will try with these pictures..This measurement is about 1 1/4 inches from the rim this is obtained with the white extension. This was still a bit too far down so i used the 2 brown extensions to get the bulb within 3/4 of an inch from the rim. but these should be ceramic not plastic. To avoid cracking the globe I do not turn it all the way up right away i let it warm up some first.like at hlf brightness . the bottom of the globe sits flat on the rim and is curved upward so there is actually still a couple of inches of gap between the bulb and the globe.Of course once you do this your fingures will no longer fit within the base making it hard to get the bulb in there. I had turn hold the base upside down in one arm and put the bulb up into the base this way. wash your hands first and wipe the bulb and bottom of the globe clean before turning it on!

Furthermore the little contacts  need to be gently bent upwards inside the extenders so the make good contact. because it is a pain to take it all apart if the contacts are loose.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2021   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service