Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I just had to share today's rainy sunday project. With one cloudy & non-flowing 10" accent lava lamp, one crystal clear 11.5" with missing base and one $4 tealight oil burner gift set, I was able to assemble  a gem of a candle-powered keeper! No expert here, just messing around. Bottle from 10" fits the frame like a glove, dumped it's cloudy liquid, rinsed with distilled water and refilled with clear china liquid. The satin black spray paint for the cap just happened to go with the stand perfectly. A lucky project for sure, coming out like a nicely produced product. It flows better via candle than it ever did by bulb!

If I could find more of these exact tealight warmer stands I could easily metal file the opening a little bigger and make a version using a larger bottle from an 11.5". Loving the candle powered possibilities!

Views: 1268

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Marley's Ghost!  Now I'm conjuring a grande powered by sterno!! Jk of course

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if you did just that!  LOL    I have some cans of sterno you can use.......

Will a 32oz. fit on that gold base and, if so, can you post a picture?

Yes, it will fit. Proportioned like baby huey, but it's as stable as it can be on such a narrow base. 52 oz will also fit, but even more awkwardly. I can't help but wonder how many tealight swap outs it would take to get them flowing?

In that case, I like the 20oz. best, especially the brass base with the orange/clear.

Love these!!  Where do you find the bases?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Mark Goo created this Ning Network.

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2022   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service