Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Props to OozingGoo for the information in my eBay listing!

Thank you, hipsters. I have learned so much in the few days since I discovered this site. Check out my eBay listing for photos and details. 

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Enchantress-Planter-Lava-Lamp-ca-19...

Views: 530

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you. :) I was pretty happy with how it turned out. :)

Mark H said:

They look great!!! Its always cool to see real nice ones, sift thru ebay junk for a while, then look at those super clear lamps! Flower ring is great! Like the fact you made it!

Erin said:

Thanks Mark. I'm pretty happy with both of them. I had to create the flower ring for the Elegant Planter, but I think it turned out pretty good. :)

Hello all! So I won the auction for the elegant enchantress.. have had it for a bit and it doesnt flow. makes the dome shaped bubble just like in the auction pix. Kinda expected this, but anyone have any suggestions? So far I have tried short run times...and long run times..  would a different bulb fit in maybe with a higher wattage? To sorta jumpstart it? awful tight bulb slot in this base!  Thanks, Mark

I would try a higher wattage bulb. What's in it now? I have an Elegant Enchantress - mine might even be on a 40W appliance bulb. 

Yikes! I was the eBay seller. If it doesn't work, let me know, and I'll refund your money. It worked to the extent shown in the photos, but if it's not performing, please send me an eBay message, and we'll work this out.

It looked dead already based off the photos. Just refill it with any 32oz globe you have sitting around. $20 is worth it even if it was empty.

I have a 40 watt frosted appliance in it now.  Not sure what will fit in there and still have the globe sit right.... 

 



Year of the Tiger said:

Yikes! I was the eBay seller. If it doesn't work, let me know, and I'll refund your money. It worked to the extent shown in the photos, but if it's not performing, please send me an eBay message, and we'll work this out.

No worries I am not upset. I saw the pictures and took a shot. Maybe I can try a bigger wattage bulb to see if it will get going.. sometimes they take a bit of tricks to get going. thats why I didnt panic or freak out and leave negative feedback.  figured I would throw the question out here and see if I can fix it somehow

Mark



Autumn said:

It looked dead already based off the photos. Just refill it with any 32oz globe you have sitting around. $20 is worth it even if it was empty.

 

Is the elegant a 32 oz globe? I have no experience with lava swaps so any info ( and as descriptive as possible ) would be greatly appreciated!  Mark

OK, but the offer's open!

Mark H said:



Year of the Tiger said:

Yikes! I was the eBay seller. If it doesn't work, let me know, and I'll refund your money. It worked to the extent shown in the photos, but if it's not performing, please send me an eBay message, and we'll work this out.

No worries I am not upset. I saw the pictures and took a shot. Maybe I can try a bigger wattage bulb to see if it will get going.. sometimes they take a bit of tricks to get going. thats why I didnt panic or freak out and leave negative feedback.  figured I would throw the question out here and see if I can fix it somehow

Mark

If I knew you would have refunded the money maybe I would have bought it. :P

This is the nature of the really old lamps, most of them dont survive and people buy them with the intent to refill.

Thats super classy! But nothing was misrepresented in the auction. I took a chance hoping I could run it and it would clear up, but it hasn't. No big deal, lets see what suggestions/solutions I can try! maybe I can make it work!  Mark

Year of the Tiger said:

OK, but the offer's open!

Mark H said:



Year of the Tiger said:

Yikes! I was the eBay seller. If it doesn't work, let me know, and I'll refund your money. It worked to the extent shown in the photos, but if it's not performing, please send me an eBay message, and we'll work this out.

No worries I am not upset. I saw the pictures and took a shot. Maybe I can try a bigger wattage bulb to see if it will get going.. sometimes they take a bit of tricks to get going. thats why I didnt panic or freak out and leave negative feedback.  figured I would throw the question out here and see if I can fix it somehow

Mark

Hes a stand up guy! I say refill with your favorite color.
Read this.

http://oozinggoo.ning.com/page/liquid-swapping
Mark H said:

Thats super classy! But nothing was misrepresented in the auction. I took a chance hoping I could run it and it would clear up, but it hasn't. No big deal, lets see what suggestions/solutions I can try! maybe I can make it work!  Mark

Year of the Tiger said:

OK, but the offer's open!

Mark H said:



Year of the Tiger said:

Yikes! I was the eBay seller. If it doesn't work, let me know, and I'll refund your money. It worked to the extent shown in the photos, but if it's not performing, please send me an eBay message, and we'll work this out.

No worries I am not upset. I saw the pictures and took a shot. Maybe I can try a bigger wattage bulb to see if it will get going.. sometimes they take a bit of tricks to get going. thats why I didnt panic or freak out and leave negative feedback.  figured I would throw the question out here and see if I can fix it somehow

Mark

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2019   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service