Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Both are 10" high. 

Lamp1: white plastic cap and base. Everything is attached - cap, base, globe. Powered with three AA batteries (not included). 

Colors: green, orange, pink. Glitter is small and hex-shaped.

Powered by spinning plastic disc that's held in place by a magnet. NOT powered by heat/bulb. 

Lamp2: black plastic cap and base. Everything is attached - cap, base, globe. Powered with three AA batteries (not included). 

Colors: green, purple, blue. Glitter is larger and star-shaped. 

Powered by spinning plastic disc that's held in place by a magnet. NOT powered by heat/bulb. 

Does not come with: Batteries nor power adapter. And good luck finding a power adapter for that lamp that doesn't cost the same amount as the lamp. Battery area is held in plastic by a plastic piece that has a tiny screw (annoying). 

Found at: Target, eBay, Spencer's. The star one is harder to find, but it looks like they are already discounting/clearing these. I only saw them in Target briefly. They were $15 initially, but are now down to $10 - $12, which is a more fair price. 

I got the 2nd one (star-shaped glitter) eBay and it came with some of the fluid on the outside of the lamp. Apparently this is not a rare occurrence. Not sure where it leaked from exactly. But, it did clean up and the lamp works. 

Reviews of this lamp online overall are poor. Both of my lamps function well and are actually really pretty. I do like them a lot. However, as always, quality is hit and miss and I would not pay more than $12 for one of these. 

Views: 1083

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice reviews, my friend has the 14.5" vortex with painted globe and star glitter. He brought it over for me to see last night while I showed him my shitty grande lol.

It's a nice lamp but lava lamp made one mistake. They should have let you decide to keep all colors rotating or simply choose one of the 3 colors to keep steady.

Erin, did you see my posts about the new grande custom I got. If not go take a look.

That would be amazing. The technology isn't hard to do. I see all kinds of cheap little color-changing LED lamps. 

I'll check your thread - I must have missed it!

No biggie, yes, there are so many LED gizmos out there, a little extra circuitry could have been added to hold LED color at users choice.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service