Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

The last post I could find on a goo kit indicated that some people felt that the goo kit quality had diminished and reported complete failure in that attempt on 3 lamps. Some others chimed in questioning a degradation in goo kit quality.

I just cannot seem to get my homemade wax to flow correctly and if anyone has been in this same position - you understand how it can keep you up at night and add undue frustration to an otherwise stressful existance.

I am considering biting the bullet and just ordering the goo but would appreciate any feedback on utilizing a goo kit over the past year.

I just want beautiful lamps - is that too much to ask??

Any and all feedback appreciated.

Views: 197

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I cannot recommend it. I have three Goo Kits and none of them can give me a flow i would consider acceptable. I've made three lamps with it untill further, and they all have flow that looks like a cheap china lamps flow. They are clear though, but the flow is so boring to look at that it doesn't matter anyway.

Sounds quite depressing to say the least! Appreciate your response... I remember reading your original post on the matter but in desperation, almost hit the purchase button for a goo kit.

I am certain that some members either present or long gone have mastered a recipe but after many hours of searching, melting, and tuning I have not found anything that I would consider successful in regards to flow as compared to some older lamps that I exchanged the fluid on.

Sentrex said:

Sounds quite depressing to say the least! Appreciate your response... I remember reading your original post on the matter but in desperation, almost hit the purchase button for a goo kit.

I am certain that some members either present or long gone have mastered a recipe but after many hours of searching, melting, and tuning I have not found anything that I would consider successful in regards to flow as compared to some older lamps that I exchanged the fluid on.

I was really in the same situation as you. I just did the mistake and bought it. I too searched for a recipee, but the materials needed was not possible to get in Denmark, so i thought that by getting GooKits i would make it easier for my self, but i wasnt so lucky.

I have seen some of the results done by GooKits in here so i wasnt really doubting it was possible, but i also read some reports about it being not so good lately, but only hoped that was for the few unlucky. Buut either im also one of the unlucky, or maybe it is now more the rule than the exception to get a bad badge.

I am trying out my own recipe. That can be quite dissapointing too. Fortunately enough i found out that they use Triclorethylene at the laboratory department at my work and i got some for free. I live in Sweden and i´ts impossible to by it as a private person. I hope this time it will be ok. I got working goo with 1/3 Triclorethylene 1/3 Stearine and 1/3 Vaseline and waxcolor, but the flow was boring so i threw it out today. Silly small blobs for a Lunar.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service