Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

REPLACEMENT QUALITY GLASS FIBER OPTIC SPRAYS COMING VERY SOON!! FOR FANTASIA & CUDA BRAND LAMPS

Hello everyone, I know many of you are on the hunt or know of someone on the hunt for replacement fiber optics for their Fantasia lamp. Look no further!! As you all may or may not know already. I am currently in the process of making replacement glass fiber optic sprays. These will be identical to the original Fantasia sprays. I am overwhelmed with pre-orders and will most likely have a supply and demand issue on my hands at first, so I will do my best to have enough on hand when I begin selling them to go around. The first sprays that will be rolling out will be for the Sunburst 4000 model, Cosmos 5000 model, Regency 4001 model. All previous model Fantasia lamps, Cuda etc will have replacements as I make them available. These I hope to have ready by early to mid summer.

The large fiber optic sprays that will first be available, will be available in two lengths. The first one being a 14" spray that when inserted will hang and display its ends about mid globe on a Sunburst 4000.
The second length spray will be 18" long and is generally seen on the Black Sunburst 4000 model "Egg Shape" But will fit the Chrome and gold model Sunburst 4000 model lamps also.

The Cosmos lamp will need a measurement specific spray tailored for a exact fit within the lamp, essentialy the 14" spray should fit with no problems however I would not mind some feedback on the length of the fiber optic spray from a Cosmos 5000 model. "Measure from the ferrule to the end tips of the fibers, I know multiple sprays were used on the Cosmos, some shorter than others, just reply to this discussion with the measurements, please and thank you! :-)

These fiber optic sprays are in no way easy to make and will be made by hand and not in a factory, the cost of materials, especially the glass fiber optics is a bit pricy, the work and the process that goes into getting a spray fully assembled from start to finish with a haircut takes a bit of time. The price tag on these sprays will be most likely in the neighborhood of $100-125 each, that will be determined when they are made available for sale. I am a quality person and will make the price tag worth it's cost. I know you all know these sprays are not available anywhere unless you purchase another lamp somewhere and snag it's spray for a replacement.

keep your eyes peeled on ebay for these sprays as this will be where I will be hosting them for sale first as where I also have many other Fantasia related replacement parts for sale, color wheels etc. I will also give a heads up to you all on here prior to me listing them on ebay. Reply to this thread to give me an idea of how many "goo members" alone I will be helping out with sprays. I look forward in helping many of you get your vintage Fantasia lamps back!!

As a heads up I WILL NOT be offering "Heat Formed" replacement sprays as the process in doing this is very involved and requires special techniques and equipment I do not have access to, perhaps down the road when the lighting business I am trying to get launched is successfully up and running.

Views: 20448

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Has anyone that has purchased their sprays from Germany received them yet?....If so, has anyone set it up in their Fantasia lamps and photographed them so that other members can see what they look like displayed in a Fantasia lamp and weather or not it is something to look into purchasing from the guy in Germany.

Joe - my Pyroball has been in the DHL system since 2/17.  I'm patiently waiting...

Kirk, I would be impatiently waiting! Sorry to hear that is going on.

Crit
Still waiting as well
Where do you buy the sprays in Germany
Ughhhh....The waiting would kill me, I'm weird like that. I'm anxious to see one all set up in a Fantasia Sunburst base.
S pinder, I'm pretty sure the only sprays you can get from Germany are the lager style spray that will only work in a Sunburst, Cosmos or larger model. I don't think smaller ones are for sale that would fit a Firefly model base, they are very different in size.
Where do you order the sprays

Jasmin Weigl said:

My visit at Mr. Virmont

Yesterday my husband and I visited Mr. Virmont and his wife.

It was a great afternoon we had.

After an 1hour 1/2 ride we got there and were welcome with coffee and cake. There dog fell in love with my husband in the first minute and later their cat (17 years old) joint us also.

We got right to the lamps. Talked about all the different kinds there are and so on.

They told us that they just moved to the house a view month ago and since the house is smaller than the last one they had to dump a lot of stuff.

I will not tell you what it he all through away, my heart was bleeding, especially he threw away the discs for the CIMA MK14 lamp that I need so badly.

After all that talking we went down to the basement were he has a little workshop for his lamps.

On the way to the that he showed us a table

http://oozinggoo.ning.com/video/glasfasertisch-pyrox-glass-fibre-table

When we saw that table we were absolutely thrilled.

It is a fiber optic lamp as a side table. They were produced from a British company, but producing them was so expensive that the reseller price was so high that people did not buy them. So only a few where made  before they stopped producing them . So this table is something really rare and no he is not willing to sell it.

In his workshop he showed us his lamps and sprays. He just producec thelamps when one is ordered.

And now comes the bad news. The amount off lamps and sprays is NOT ENDLEES.

Like I told you before he is retired and he sold his company. He just keept the bases, motors etc.

I did not count them but a rough estimate would be that there is enough to produce maybe an other 70 to 100 lamps and thats it than.

The sprays which you guys care so much about is the same there is just a certan amount of them  so they are NOT ENDLEES.

He does not produce them himself. They were produced be the company SCHOTT (www.schott.com)

They stopped producing them many years ago because the market was to small.

Than Mr. Virmont bought all the sprays they had.

So no secret I could tell you how they were made.

No way he can make some sprays that would fit the American lamps.

Sorry I have no better news for you all, but that is the fact.

For me the visit still was something special because I made a new friend and also I had the chance to get something that no one else has.

SCHOTT was making different fiber optic threads. One was a thread that was a little longer and it did not only had the light at the end, it also had light points in the thread. Again an article from SCHOTT that was to expensive in production and the retailer price was so high that people did not buy it.

This spray was only for exhibitions, so not really ever sold. Mr. Virmont had one of these in one of the boxes and when I saw it on one of the lamps I just had to have it

and I got it, do not ask for the price :-) but it is worth it you can see it in my video and on the pics I posted in my account.

Videos

http://oozinggoo.ning.com/video/video/listForContributor?screenName...

Pics

http://oozinggoo.ning.com/photo/album/listForOwner?screenName=2zbxj...

I met Mr. Virmont and he and his wife are some really great people. I will see him again this spring, than he is going to visit me at my work. I work in a motorcycle shop for historical BMWs and he still rides his Honda GoldWing. Iam looking forward to see him again.

I just can tell you guys if you want a lamp or a spray you better get them now. I for my part resirved a lamp and an other regular spray allready. Also after 10 years of the same price he is thinking about raising the prices a little soon.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.

Greetings

Jasmin

Please can you tell me where to order the sprays
It's in this thread a few pages back.
Sorry but I can't find it
Here is the link to the site http://www.pyrofag-leuchten.de/

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups