Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

REPLACEMENT QUALITY GLASS FIBER OPTIC SPRAYS COMING VERY SOON!! FOR FANTASIA & CUDA BRAND LAMPS

Hello everyone, I know many of you are on the hunt or know of someone on the hunt for replacement fiber optics for their Fantasia lamp. Look no further!! As you all may or may not know already. I am currently in the process of making replacement glass fiber optic sprays. These will be identical to the original Fantasia sprays. I am overwhelmed with pre-orders and will most likely have a supply and demand issue on my hands at first, so I will do my best to have enough on hand when I begin selling them to go around. The first sprays that will be rolling out will be for the Sunburst 4000 model, Cosmos 5000 model, Regency 4001 model. All previous model Fantasia lamps, Cuda etc will have replacements as I make them available. These I hope to have ready by early to mid summer.

The large fiber optic sprays that will first be available, will be available in two lengths. The first one being a 14" spray that when inserted will hang and display its ends about mid globe on a Sunburst 4000.
The second length spray will be 18" long and is generally seen on the Black Sunburst 4000 model "Egg Shape" But will fit the Chrome and gold model Sunburst 4000 model lamps also.

The Cosmos lamp will need a measurement specific spray tailored for a exact fit within the lamp, essentialy the 14" spray should fit with no problems however I would not mind some feedback on the length of the fiber optic spray from a Cosmos 5000 model. "Measure from the ferrule to the end tips of the fibers, I know multiple sprays were used on the Cosmos, some shorter than others, just reply to this discussion with the measurements, please and thank you! :-)

These fiber optic sprays are in no way easy to make and will be made by hand and not in a factory, the cost of materials, especially the glass fiber optics is a bit pricy, the work and the process that goes into getting a spray fully assembled from start to finish with a haircut takes a bit of time. The price tag on these sprays will be most likely in the neighborhood of $100-125 each, that will be determined when they are made available for sale. I am a quality person and will make the price tag worth it's cost. I know you all know these sprays are not available anywhere unless you purchase another lamp somewhere and snag it's spray for a replacement.

keep your eyes peeled on ebay for these sprays as this will be where I will be hosting them for sale first as where I also have many other Fantasia related replacement parts for sale, color wheels etc. I will also give a heads up to you all on here prior to me listing them on ebay. Reply to this thread to give me an idea of how many "goo members" alone I will be helping out with sprays. I look forward in helping many of you get your vintage Fantasia lamps back!!

As a heads up I WILL NOT be offering "Heat Formed" replacement sprays as the process in doing this is very involved and requires special techniques and equipment I do not have access to, perhaps down the road when the lighting business I am trying to get launched is successfully up and running.

Views: 20448

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Loiks great Kirk!!!
Where did you order from
Are they on sale yet
Yes...for sale out of Germany. Look back through the previous pages of this forum thread for ordering info.
Ok thanks your a gem
What is the cost for a sunburst 4000 model
Thanks

Friends, WILFRIED is writing. I produce Glass Fiber Lamps and can deliver you new Glass Fiber Sprays. Here are some informations about the sprays:

Glass Fibre Spray 9000 112 with approximately 10,000 Glass Fibres

Total length appr. 35 cm (13.7795 inches)

Diameter of capsule (gray aluminium) appr. 18 mm (0,70866 inches)

>>> No problem with overheating

Glass Fibre Spray 9000 115 with approximately 14,000 Glass Fibres

Total length appr. 35 cm (13.7795 inches)

Diameter of capsule (white plastic) appr. 18 mm (0,70866 inches)

>>> Please take properly care, that it will not be too hot down at the plastic capsule!

(For example in dependence of room temperature and the surrounding temperature and in dependence of the used bulb inside the lamp. 50 Watt is very high and may be too hot.)

This is what I want to tell you.

And: I am in vacation from April 8th to April 28th, 2016. So I cannot answer any questions in this time.

Stay happy!

Wilfried

I would like to purchase an 18 inch spray. As in your first photo for my sunburst 4000 thanks
Here you can Not Order you have to get in contact directly with Mr. Virmont though his Website

Please read the previous Pages for the requiried Informations.

You may find my posting dated Feb 13 at 9:51 AM MST useful... SEE PAGE 8 OF THIS FORUM.  I believe it lists all the necessary information for ordering.  Please note, in the interim,  prices have increased... the unit price for a 14,000 fiber spray has increased from 128.80 Euros to 168.80 Euros.  After receiving your invoice via email, payment must be submitted through PayPal in Euros, not US Dollars. 

I see Mr. Vermond has added an EXPORT PRICE LISTED (PDF) in English to his website.  Pyrofag's web address is http://www.pyrofag-leuchten.de/

I hope this information is useful. 

S pinder said:

I would like to purchase an 18 inch spray. As in your first photo for my sunburst 4000 thanks
Does anyone know what that new price is converted from Euros to USD just in case any members are interested in purchasing a new spray and also vise versa USD to Euros so that when someone is to use paypal they will know what amounts to put in. Also from experience can any member disclose what it cost them to purchase and have shipped to them one of these sprays in USD?

At this moment, it looks like today's exchange rate is 1.135504, so 168.80 Euros would convert to about $191.67.  (168.8 x 1.135504 = $191.67)

On March 24th, I purchased three 14,000 fibre sprays.  The invoice total was 577.24 Euros,(including Shipping, Additional Postage, and PayPal Fee),... the PayPal payment transfer converted to $661.66.  (I believe additional charges are applied when payments are made / transferred from one currency to another.)

I've just received an email notification from Mr. Vermond advising DHL shipment has been made, along with a DHL tracking number.

jmpenny32 said:

Does anyone know what that new price is converted from Euros to USD just in case any members are interested in purchasing a new spray and also vise versa USD to Euros so that when someone is to use paypal they will know what amounts to put in. Also from experience can any member disclose what it cost them to purchase and have shipped to them one of these sprays in USD?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service