Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

REPLACEMENT QUALITY GLASS FIBER OPTIC SPRAYS COMING VERY SOON!! FOR FANTASIA & CUDA BRAND LAMPS

Hello everyone, I know many of you are on the hunt or know of someone on the hunt for replacement fiber optics for their Fantasia lamp. Look no further!! As you all may or may not know already. I am currently in the process of making replacement glass fiber optic sprays. These will be identical to the original Fantasia sprays. I am overwhelmed with pre-orders and will most likely have a supply and demand issue on my hands at first, so I will do my best to have enough on hand when I begin selling them to go around. The first sprays that will be rolling out will be for the Sunburst 4000 model, Cosmos 5000 model, Regency 4001 model. All previous model Fantasia lamps, Cuda etc will have replacements as I make them available. These I hope to have ready by early to mid summer.

The large fiber optic sprays that will first be available, will be available in two lengths. The first one being a 14" spray that when inserted will hang and display its ends about mid globe on a Sunburst 4000.
The second length spray will be 18" long and is generally seen on the Black Sunburst 4000 model "Egg Shape" But will fit the Chrome and gold model Sunburst 4000 model lamps also.

The Cosmos lamp will need a measurement specific spray tailored for a exact fit within the lamp, essentialy the 14" spray should fit with no problems however I would not mind some feedback on the length of the fiber optic spray from a Cosmos 5000 model. "Measure from the ferrule to the end tips of the fibers, I know multiple sprays were used on the Cosmos, some shorter than others, just reply to this discussion with the measurements, please and thank you! :-)

These fiber optic sprays are in no way easy to make and will be made by hand and not in a factory, the cost of materials, especially the glass fiber optics is a bit pricy, the work and the process that goes into getting a spray fully assembled from start to finish with a haircut takes a bit of time. The price tag on these sprays will be most likely in the neighborhood of $100-125 each, that will be determined when they are made available for sale. I am a quality person and will make the price tag worth it's cost. I know you all know these sprays are not available anywhere unless you purchase another lamp somewhere and snag it's spray for a replacement.

keep your eyes peeled on ebay for these sprays as this will be where I will be hosting them for sale first as where I also have many other Fantasia related replacement parts for sale, color wheels etc. I will also give a heads up to you all on here prior to me listing them on ebay. Reply to this thread to give me an idea of how many "goo members" alone I will be helping out with sprays. I look forward in helping many of you get your vintage Fantasia lamps back!!

As a heads up I WILL NOT be offering "Heat Formed" replacement sprays as the process in doing this is very involved and requires special techniques and equipment I do not have access to, perhaps down the road when the lighting business I am trying to get launched is successfully up and running.

Views: 20468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since I only speak English, I’m always impressed with people that speak more than one language.

Your English is very good. I believe you answered my question regarding the difference between the Glasfaserpinsel 10.000 and 14.000. (In this instance, a "strand" is the same as a string, such as a single length of hair or thread".)

DHL is one of the best and more reliable of the international carriers. Would DHL or UPS act as PyroStar’s Freight Forwarder and Import Broker, taking responsibility for preparing all the necessary export documentation on ProStar’s behalf?

I understand about your work restrictions. Thanks again for all your time and effort.

Please may I add my thanks from one (of many, more expert than me) Fantasia collector/s in UK?

And Rod, please would you try to build UK/Europe into the dhl (or whoever) admin at this formative stage?

Thanks from across the pond, andy

Since the UK is part of the EU, it may be a lot simpler to purchase and arrange shipment. 

Each country has it's own import regulations / documentation requirements.   Laws and regulations will most likely differ from one country to another.  I been told DHL, FedEx and UPS all have in-house Forwarding and Brokerage departments.  If DHL or UPS are the international carriers, assuming both Freight Forwarder and Import Broker responsibilities on behalf of the seller, they should be familiar with each country's import / export requirements.  Before making any shipping arrangements, they should already have all documentation needed for Customs clearance at the destination country.    

If a local Postal Service is the carrier, I understand the seller is responsible for issuing all export documentation, (such as Customs Declaration / Certificate showing merchandise descriptions, quantities, total value, HTSU tariff number, etc.), which must accompany the package / carton.

Simple?

I'm somewhat familiar with importing to, and exporting from the US. 

I don't know what the regulations / requirements are for shipments within the EU, nor VAT taxes regulations. (Is Customs clearance even required within the EU, or what type of documentation is needed for shipments from Germany to the UK... perhaps only an invoice?)   I'm guessing shipments between the 27 EU countries may be a lot simpler than shipping to countries outside the EU.  Perhaps Jasmin can help answer?

Yep, no worries here.

Perhaps, I thought, as OG's central information authority on import/export, you might ask that of J, too?

It's just, when P set up their dhl/whatever system, if you/OG have asked them to check the will "ship to uk/yurp" box as well as will "ship to the good ole us of a" box it might help us humble peasants in our dim and distant future, as we struggle beneath our daily burden of spring greens, mathmos lunars and mangel-wurzels...

very best to y'all, andy

I'm hoping Jasmin will be reading all our comments.  Sounds like she's pretty Knowledgeable, and probably pretty busy.  I'm afraid of imposing on her too much.

So far, the only issues that concern me are the payment terms... bank transfer of funds.  Other than good faith, once funds are transmitted, I don't see any guarantee of shipment, recourse for lost or damaged goods, etc.

Customs

EU - no costums at all
US - only if the sales value is over EUR 1000,00 a export declaration has to be made, What kind of laws are in the US, you have to find out by yourself

Taxes

EU - recipe will be including taxes

US - no taxes, but I will check how Mr. Virmont handels this

Shipping

Check DHL page vor it - https://www.dhl.de/en.html IN ENGLISH
there you find all informations on costs, deliverytime etc. etc.

Shiiping is allways secured/insured. Tracking number is provided, just aks the sender for it and if lost or damaged it is insured.

Paymethode

Kreditcard - you can get your money back from the creditcard company/bank when you aplly for it within 30 days. B
ank checks with the saler and if they see that there is a problem you get the money back (german law) check with your creditcard profider.
They can give you the best information

PayPal - read the terms of condition and than you will see how "save" PayPal really is. By the way PayPal takes 5% from the sales value for the transaction
for a small company as Mr. Virmonts that is a lot of money.

Banktransfer - same as with creditcard

@andy roos - I have no idea what you are talking about, I do not understand your text at all

The company is in business since 1900, if they were not relaiable they would not be in business anymore.
If you have doubts, do not order and look for an other supplier - good luck :-)

I have ordered goods from all over the world, so far never had a problem.
Maybe you should have a little bit more faith in people.

I will ask Mr. Virmont the following questions

How about taxes for delivery to US
How high are the shipping costs to the UK
Does he take creditcard or PayPal

I think than all questions should be cleared.

Ok UPDATE from Mr. Virmond

PayPal payment is possible - I hope everyone is happy now

Shipping to UK is EUR 34,60

The company makes almost no exports and for that reason, they are under a special tax law rule, which does not allow them to send without taxes to Non-EU countries, this means full price for US customers.

If you want a lamp with 110Volt there will be an extra charge of EUR 22,00

You have to write a seperate mail to Mr. Virmont to specify this wish!!!!!!!!

The lamp does have a German two-pingrounded plug which have to be exchanged by the seller

I hope this will now clear all questions

have a nice day to all of you

Greetings

Jasmin

Jasmin... Your time and effort are greatly appreciated!  The information is very useful. 

My concerns regarding a bank transfer are not so much with the seller completing the transaction, but with the carriers.  Even when shipments are insured, carriers will often deny any claims for lost, stolen or damaged merchandise.  Their  reason for denial is usually the merchandise was packed improperly, and it's the fault of the shipper.  If payment is by wire transfer, there is no way to dispute the payment.  At least with PayPal or a credit card payments, if a buyer has a shipment tracking number from the seller, they can file a dispute if merchandise is never received. . 

Ummm.... So excited! Just got a reply from Mr. Virmond. It was all in perfect English.

All terms are just like Jasmin described. Thank you so much.

I expect an invoice that can be paid via PayPal very soon now. After payment, shipment is promised in 10 days.

This is a HUGE deal for us vintage fiber optic lamp lovers!!
Yes it is! Please upload some photos to display what the spray looks like set up in a lamp to give everyone an idea of what we will be expecting when we go to purchase one and how your overall experience was!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service