Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Restored a brand new Grande, wax just sits domed on the bottom.

Hi all, my first post here! I recently purchased a Grande lamp and needles to say it came all cloudy and jacked up. Instead of going through the hassle of returning it and most likely getting another messed up lamp I decided to goo kit it. The only problem is that it worked great for one day and now the wax just sits at the bottom in its dome like state completely melted. I know for a fact I did the restore properly. I put 55 to 60 ml of surfactant and only distilled water. Bulb is fine, coil is fine, I dont understand. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Views: 222

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you tried shutting it off? letting it cool, then restarting it

I may have overheated

gookits operate on less wattage then regular lava

Yes. I've tried that. The best I get is one very small glob that goes up then comes down every couple minutes. If this is true about the Goo Kit wax, would a dimmer switch help? I have one.

Claude J said:

Have you tried shutting it off? letting it cool, then restarting it

I may have overheated

gookits operate on less wattage then regular lava

Sure put that dimmer on and try it.  Can not hurt at this point, find the optimal temp to run that bad boy!  We need pics as well.

Unfortunately the dimmer switch attempt did not work. Here are a few pics. The first pic is the first time I powered it up right after finishing the goo kit. Note how clear and almost translucent the wax looks. It did not look that way the next morning...The second pic is of the warming up phase. Behaves normally. The third pic is of the wax completely melted and domed where it does not flow at all.

Mr MaGoo said:

Sure put that dimmer on and try it.  Can not hurt at this point, find the optimal temp to run that bad boy!  We need pics as well.

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service