Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Well I sure hate to post this because I loved to hear this man sing but George Michael has died.

RIP George Michael.

This has been a rough year for the loss of great singers and musicians.

Critter

Views: 208

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was a big fan of Wham! and George Michael. They were one of the first cassette tapes I ever owned (Wham!). I even went on to buy Listen Without Prejudice, Faith and Older and was surprised to love George's voice even more as he aged. It's a tragedy that he died so young.

This was always one of my favorite songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V36cFg2QJ4 

RIP George. 

That is interesting Erin, sounds like you were quite the fan back in the day..

I did not pay too much attention during the Wham UK days, a friend had that first album and it was ok pop dance stuff. I did not pay much attention during the first Wham album (their second album and they dropped UK from their name) for me he got better as he matured and to me this type of thing is when he was at his best: https://youtu.be/j8HKAw9JAFY

I love jazzy, smooth music, crooners, piano bar stuff and he was so good at this. Most people probably just picture him in Wham singing "Wake me up".....that video was certainly telling in regards to him as a person and musically it was way below what he capable of as a singer and song writer. "Careless Whisper" first caught my attention which was recorded during the same time period (their 2nd album) and it was much more indicative of his real talent. It was also not a Wham song as it was credited to him alone. Way back then I was amazed by the maturity of the lyrics and the sophisticstion of the piece in general.......he was 16 years old when he wrote that. He had an emotional sensibility well beyond his years and he put it to good use in his music at that age.....simply amazing. He had the potential for many more years of great, sophistocated, adult contemporary music as indicated by recent recordings.

Again, RIP George

:(

Yes RIP George Michael. I witnessed his very first appearance on National Television when Wham debuted in c. October 1982 Top of the Pops.

That's the same song I posted! :) I *love* that song. 

I didn't follow a lot of his personal life, just loved his music. His album "Older" was amazing stuff. 

Critter said:

That is interesting Erin, sounds like you were quite the fan back in the day..

I did not pay too much attention during the Wham UK days, a friend had that first album and it was ok pop dance stuff. I did not pay much attention during the first Wham album (their second album and they dropped UK from their name) for me he got better as he matured and to me this type of thing is when he was at his best: https://youtu.be/j8HKAw9JAFY

I love jazzy, smooth music, crooners, piano bar stuff and he was so good at this. Most people probably just picture him in Wham singing "Wake me up".....that video was certainly telling in regards to him as a person and musically it was way below what he capable of as a singer and song writer. "Careless Whisper" first caught my attention which was recorded during the same time period (their 2nd album) and it was much more indicative of his real talent. It was also not a Wham song as it was credited to him alone. Way back then I was amazed by the maturity of the lyrics and the sophisticstion of the piece in general.......he was 16 years old when he wrote that. He had an emotional sensibility well beyond his years and he put it to good use in his music at that age.....simply amazing. He had the potential for many more years of great, sophistocated, adult contemporary music as indicated by recent recordings.

Again, RIP George
Yes....Older is so good. "Ladies and Gentlemen, The Best of George Michael".....is a nice collection for anyone.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service