I bought a Fireflow in December for Christmas as a present.
The bottle of the Fireflow has a big problem... the coil is too big. The coil stands ~2cm over the bottom on the one side, and on the other side the coil is on the bottom. (see the picture)
I was not able to contact Mathmos for three month now, because the German telephone didnt worked at there company. My e-mail i send them was answered after 3 weeks.
The email said, that i have to take a picture of the Problem, so that they can see it and that they can show it one in the factory. First funny thing was, that they didnt find a heating coil on the lamp and didnt know what i mean :)
Today i got a call from Mathmos. It was a very long conversation and the customer supported repated the same tips everytime. Its too long to tell everything now completley, but i will list the tips here now:
- The bottles take some time in the winter after the shipping, so that the wax can get soft.
In there opinion THREE MONTH are not enough to temper the bottle to the room temperature.
- The heating coil needs some time and the bottle have to be used a few times, because the coil is shrinking when it is heated. (we all know, that metal is expanding when it is heatet, and not shrinked :) )
- I have to rund the bottle more than SIX hours to get the correct flow. The introducton says "do not run it longer than 3 hours".
- i have to put books arround the lamp, to prevent wind on the flame, even if an other bottle is working in the same base at the same place :)
- all the coils in the factory are looking the same as on my picture. That is maybe right, but my coil is in this position even, if the wax is melted.
- They said, that it is not possible that a coil is bigger than an other one because all are produced on the same way.... even if they can see it on the picture.....
Here is the picture now:
I want to make clear again, that the coil is in the same position, when the wax is melted.